Granny's gone and done it again

I want to let my friends here in Granny land know that I am OK. The doctor today was to tell me the results of my bone scan. I have weak bones (osteopenia) in my spine and "mild" osteoporosis in my left hip.
Osteoporosis causes bones to become weak and brittle — so brittle that a fall can cause a break. Osteoporosis-related breaks most commonly occur in the hip, wrist or spine. Bone is living tissue that is constantly being broken down and replaced. Osteoporosis occurs when the creation of new bone doesn't keep up with the loss of old bone. I will be taking medication for it and being careful not to fall.
I just had my DEXA done last week too. My mid spine has it, was told my upper legs did a few years back. Not mentioning it now....?? but thankfully the spine was the same as last year. Not worse. I take over the counter supplements. Doc wanted me to have some sort of IV but I declined because of the side affects. See, the supplements helped. Not worse..without that IV stuff. Glad.

I want to let my friends here in Granny land know that I am OK. The doctor today was to tell me the results of my bone scan. I have weak bones (osteopenia) in my spine and "mild" osteoporosis in my left hip.
Osteoporosis causes bones to become weak and brittle — so brittle that a fall can cause a break. Osteoporosis-related breaks most commonly occur in the hip, wrist or spine. Bone is living tissue that is constantly being broken down and replaced. Osteoporosis occurs when the creation of new bone doesn't keep up with the loss of old bone. I will be taking medication for it and being careful not to fall.
great news!. I also have these things except the arthritis is thru my whole body.

Chickens are fed and some are still out playing in the wet grass. They want go back in to their coops until it really dark. I'm not chasing them. Gave that up long ago. My 100 feet of trellis arrived this afternoon with a pound of those large King of the Garden Lima bean seed. Now I wait for it to dry out enough to be able to plant again.

I just had my DEXA done last week too. My mid spine has it, was told my upper legs did a few years back. Not mentioning it now....?? but thankfully the spine was the same as last year. Not worse. I take over the counter supplements. Doc wanted me to have some sort of IV but I declined because of the side affects. See, the supplements helped. Not worse..without that IV stuff. Glad.
I wouldn’t do the Iv Stuff either

How old were they when you got them?
GC was 10, just about to turn 11. The Kid was 6 and a handful! ADHD and autistic. Undiagnosed and we didn't have a clue.

12 was tough.
Two was challenging at our age. I was 60 and DH was just behind, and I started having health issues shortly after.

I have to say that having these kids has been an incredible blessing. They've brought amazing joy and fun into our lives. The Kid has stabilized incredibly and you'd never know he ever had challenges. He's brilliant scholastically. GC is the light and joy of my life. She's a major help to me and just about my best friend. I love them both dearly. I can't imagine life without them.

Back
Top Bottom