Granny's gone and done it again

This last time i was on steroids, i got really angry. Never had that side effect before. They sure help get rid of itchiness. I had a really bad case of poison ivy once, it was even in one eye. They put me on steroids for that.

Had steroids last year for a bad sinus infection. They made me pee... and pee ... and pee... and pee ... and then pee.

We are having an invasion of stink bugs! There are up to 20 of them on each window screen! I am going to have to check my plants in the garden. I put some in with the guineas yesterday and they mostly stared at them. One of the hens tried one, i bet they taste bad.
Husband is out there with the chain saw. Wood to keep us warm this winter!
DW sucks 'em up with the vacuum. Got about 50 of 'em in her BR last night.

I think I will make a couple of those. How did you modify it?
I cut about 4" off the top of the tube & put it in the "Y" fitting, where you see the feed. Makes the birds reach in further for the fed, and they don't scatter it near as bad.

Since mine's out in the weather, I keep a rubber cap over the top to keep weather out, and a plastic cap over the feed port at night to keep rats from stealing feed.

Think i'm gonna pass on TSC baby chicks & hatch my own. After I collect eggs for incubation, im gonna cull mine & only feed 12 hens & my birchen roo for the winter. It will give me the dog pen to put the goats in at night. May breed silkie trio & polish to sell chicks at flea market in the spring. Maybe silkies will set the eggs for me. By spring I hope to leave goat's out in the pasture.

I wish you could hear Ming. She got cold last night, it was in the 40s, and she's now curled up on my lap, under the blanket, happily warming up. purrr purrrrrr purrr purr She rarely talks, but boy can she purr.
Oh how i miss a good lap cat..... the two we have now just are not the type to sit on your lap at all.

As of yesterday, no. I'm hoping some animal lover stole them.

That thought can definitely bring a level of comfort

Just woke up *rubs eyes* I've felt like crap the last 2 days.
Ick! Hope you are soon on the mend.

I loved English....

Ooh, me too, helps that I really liked the teacher. It was asmall school, so it was one teacher per subject once you hit jr high/high school and you had them every year..(a few exceptions where you may move back and forth between a couple one year to the next depending on their expertise) ..i think it really helped to build a strong relationship between student & teacher that, at least for me, lead to a better overall/ long - term educational experience in each of the subjects I studied. There are a few I am still in touch with today, Mrs Ainslie the English teacher is one of them.

Went to Dr yesterday. Gonna try new treatment for arthritis. Moloxicam & steroids to get rid of inflammation.
I hope it brings some relief

Growth spurt!! I might have held back the second hot dog, though. For most people, it takes about 20 minutes for your stomach to signal that it has food in it and make you feel full. If you scarf a bunch of food faster than that, then you can overeat without meaning to. That's also why things like apples and carrots are good for them, not only nutrition wise, but because they take longer to eat.
!
X 2..... encouraging stop, chew, swallow, take a drink and converse can help stretch the time it takes to eat so less food is eaten before the "full" signal kicks in. Or suggesting completing an activity and "if you're still hungry then, we'll see about a snack".... usually they forget because they weren't actually still hungry they just didn't know it yet. Start offering healthy less liked food as a test of are you really still hungry oor eating just to eat

Back
Top Bottom