Granny's gone and done it again

I gone and did it today, Granny - I placed my order for this year. I was limiting myself and couldn't make the 15 bird minimum, so I found a local gal to go in on the order with me and we were at 12 so then I drug my sister into it - she ordered the last three on the agreement that I brood them and then take them down to her place when they are ready to be out with her flock (she's not up to brooding this year - health is going downhill fast now). Funny, my plan is to replace four of my current flock, yet I ordered 8.....:hmm I figure that way I'm padded against loss, mis-sexed birds etc - and I'll sell the "extras"......

I gone and did it today, Granny - I placed my order for this year. I was limiting myself and couldn't make the 15 bird minimum, so I found a local gal to go in on the order with me and we were at 12 so then I drug my sister into it - she ordered the last three on the agreement that I brood them and then take them down to her place when they are ready to be out with her flock (she's not up to brooding this year - health is going downhill fast now). Funny, my plan is to replace four of my current flock, yet I ordered 8.....:hmm I figure that way I'm padded against loss, mis-sexed birds etc - and I'll sell the "extras"......
What breeds did you pick?

What breeds did you pick?
I got two "new hybrids" - Saphire Gems (some sort of supposed sex linked blue thing) and Calico Princess (ridiculous name) -- both are listed as being excellent layers and they are a little different looking, which is what drew me in. Easter Eggers (this hatchery sells "Americanas") to replace the one I have now because she did not impress me this winter with her production -- took over two months off as a first year layer. And I ordered welsummers.

Back
Top Bottom