Granny's gone and done it again

I have 2 Legbars that already hatched this morning, a Frosted Legbar and a Cream Legbar. I also have 10 BBS Marans hatching today. They're slow pokes so I don't know what colors I'll have yet.

Since we're not leaving the house I don't know what I'm going to do with all of these chicks. :lau I have 12 total hatching today and 2 more hatches due right around Easter, 25 Ameraucanas, 1 Bantam Cochin, and 6 Bantam Silkied Cochins....that's 44 chicks if they all hatch. :th
Never seen/heard of a frosted legbar. Can peeps come to you to buy them ?

Never seen/heard of a frosted legbar. Can peeps come to you to buy them ?

Frosted Legbars aren't very common. They're a white version of the Crested Cream Legbar. I checked hatcheries and they charge $50 per chick, crazies.
The whole state has a stay at home order so we shouldn't...though we could probably get away with meeting at a grocery store I'm not trying to add to the problem. Plus my husband has a heart condition. So I'll probably have a very full house for a while unless someone I trust implicitly wants the chicks and doesn't mind that I'll be in full gear and only getting close enough to hand them a box of chicks. lol

This is my Frosted Legbar hen and the baby that just hatched next to a Cream Legbar.

12-11-19 (15).JPG

4-4-20 (2).JPG

Frosted Legbars aren't very common. They're a white version of the Crested Cream Legbar. I checked hatcheries and they charge $50 per chick, crazies.
The whole state has a stay at home order so we shouldn't...though we could probably get away with meeting at a grocery store I'm not trying to add to the problem. Plus my husband has a heart condition. So I'll probably have a very full house for a while unless someone I trust implicitly wants the chicks and doesn't mind that I'll be in full gear and only getting close enough to hand them a box of chicks. lol
I have always been drawn to white chickens. They sound pretty.
I dont blame you for not wanting to go out. None of us do but grocery store IF you have to go anyway is a good idea . As long as their not a no show and you have all them peeps while you try to shop

I have always been drawn to white chickens. They sound pretty.
I dont blame you for not wanting to go out. None of us do but grocery store IF you have to go anyway is a good idea . As long as their not a no show and you have all them peeps while you try to shop

I love the white chickens as well. She's normally a sweet hen but she just decided to go broody and she is by far the craziest broody hen I've ever had and I've had A LOT of broody hens. LOL

Back
Top Bottom