Granny's gone and done it again

Not crispy in the microwave but good flavor . View attachment 2274074

I love this line. So tasty.
Black Australorp. My new favorite breed! I've been "all EE" forEVER, but branched out this year, and I love these girls! In addition to everything I love about EEs (heat and cold hardy, peaceable in the flock, mellow and unflappable around people, productive, reputed to be non-broody), they are also dual-purpose (we put six cockerels in the freezer already), beautiful AND (wait for it!) they look like big crows, which I'm banking will help keep hawks away! It's working so far!
My mama Lorp disputes the broody thing lol
Just dropping a quick note because we are family. Dad texted yesterday morning that he was taking mom to the ER. Her bp was 88/59 and her sugar was 411. She was treated for UTI with bags of antibiotics, magnesium, potassium, and something else. Then transferred by ambulance to a bigger hospital 45 minutes away. I called last night but she didn’t know who I was.

Dad was in his truck to follow her to the hospital and it quit on him, so he had to get it towed and then get a ride. He’s on his way back now to check on her. Apparently the ER doc said she was right on the edge of septicemia.

She is 61 and diabetic and has some mild form of dementia.
Yikes. Hope they get her fixed up quick.

Um, Ok, got the last part of the back 'yard' (future paddock) mowed today and raked up that stuff and stuck it in a bare spot where I had brought up dirt from the culvert to fill in. Process: stick in dirt, cover with cut grass, cover with some more dirt, cover with grass until level. The grass helps keep the dirt from washing out during storms, and it's full of seeds! Now I have to get the john boat ready for pics so I can list it on the Andalusia/Red Level/Opp Sales group on FB. It's never ending, I tell ya, maybe one day I'll get so bored I won't know what to do with myself!

Um, Ok, got the last part of the back 'yard' (future paddock) mowed today and raked up that stuff and stuck it in a bare spot where I had brought up dirt from the culvert to fill in. Process: stick in dirt, cover with cut grass, cover with some more dirt, cover with grass until level. The grass helps keep the dirt from washing out during storms, and it's full of seeds! Now I have to get the john boat ready for pics so I can list it on the Andalusia/Red Level/Opp Sales group on FB. It's never ending, I tell ya, maybe one day I'll get so bored I won't know what to do with myself!
If I ever get bored, I take a nap. Rest is good.. of course there are always chores to do.

My big fish tank .
20200803_000030.jpg

Back
Top Bottom