Granny's gone and done it again

They don't generally get broody as soon as they start laying. Pullet eggs are smaller and produce smaller chicks.
Sweetpea is one of the BA/SH/BS crosses I picked up 2 weeks ago today. She's part of a group of year old pullets/hens. Took me a while to digest what ya'll were saying. She's one of the ones pulled off of a high production farm. Guess he puts hens into lay at 31 weeks then replaces them at 41 weeks with a new batch.

ugg Cap, I called pet poison cntrol. They wanted $60. for advise. Roberts fast thinking probably saved Bandits life. Time will tell. He gave him my charcoal in some peanut butter. I called his vet and they said just keep an eye out . Raging headache now.
What did Bandit get into?

Sweetpea is one of the BA/SH/BS crosses I picked up 2 weeks ago today. She's part of a group of year old pullets/hens. Took me a while to digest what ya'll were saying. She's one of the ones pulled off of a high production farm. Guess he puts hens into lay at 31 weeks then replaces them at 41 weeks with a new batch.
Production hens are unlikely to go broody.

He drank maybe half a cup of coffee but mixed w/ cream and the coffee grounds in the bottom. I wasnt thinking clearly. I was grateful he was helping me clean up the mess. Then I must of suspected because I decided to look it up and it scared the hell out of me. Robert got up and told me to give him charcoal so I mixed it in some PB and he lapped it up .

Back
Top Bottom