Granny's gone and done it again

I feel so weird. I know I have to take it easy for a week or more they said but my heart is fixed and sitting here doing nothing is NOT what I feel like doing. I feel like Im still stuck in the hospital but I am still tired . I wonder if I bled a lot or my iron is still low.
You have been through a lot. Just try to walk a bit when you can.

When I was a young girl I remember a story my father told me.
His brother owned a gas station and he was complaining about a dog that would come around every day and bark at him and he was at the end of his rope w/ the dog. He told dad if that dog comes back again today I am going to grab him by the tail and pump his ask full of gas ! Well here came the dog and sure enough he grabbed him and sticks the nozzle up his butt and when he let go the dog started zooming as fast as he could in circles around the pumps and dad said that dog must of done 30 laps til he just froze and fell over to his side.
Tears in my eyes for the poor dog I asked my dad, He died ?? He said naw,,,, He just ran out of gas.
Heard a similar one before.

He's a pain in the as*. Lol, he's just fine. He will always have more fatigue than the average person, we were told to expect this afterwards but after about a month it wasn't nearly as bad from the surgery fatigue. He has bad genetics unfortunately...hence needing surgery at only 38. I try not to stress about it all the time but we've had some close calls.
whew ! I was wondering if I should have asked or not. You know, No one told me about being so damn tired all the time. I learned that after my last Mi. They called it a stemi. Its like the widow maker. It was a bad one and I have never got my energy back from it.

You have been through a lot. Just try to walk a bit when you can.

I second this! Hubby started by really short walks, literally around the kitchen and living room and would make a few laps until he was finally taking walks around the yard every day after surgery recovery.

whew ! I was wondering if I should have asked or not. You know, No one told me about being so damn tired all the time. I learned that after my last Mi. They called it a stemi. Its like the widow maker. It was a bad one and I have never got my energy back from it.

I can't believe they didn't warn you about the fatigue! They literally sent up home with pamphlets about it. Depression and fatigue are the primary complaints after heart surgery. As mentioned above, walking is HUGE once you're ready.

I can't believe they didn't warn you about the fatigue! They literally sent up home with pamphlets about it. Depression and fatigue are the primary complaints after heart surgery. As mentioned above, walking is HUGE once you're ready.
They didnt tell me anything. I am depressed too

They didnt tell me anything. I am depressed too

:hugs From first hand experience watching my hubby and my father in law go through different heart procedures I can say that it does get better. The initial drag after surgery is the worst part. I know it sounds like an eternity right now but resting for about a week without placing any expectations on yourself is a healthy starting point. If you feel like doing short walks sooner than by all means do it but you'll start feeling more equipped to push yourself after a few days and even more after you make it past the one week hurdle.

Back
Top Bottom