Granny's gone and done it again

I found a flea on her on monday, gave her a bath two days before Thanksgiving, and applied the frontline treatment the day after her bath. Something doesn't add up.

A bath a day before shouldn't affect anything. :hmm
Actually, a bath a day isn't good for her. Once a week should be fine. Unless they get extra dirty.

S lot of yeast? My tummy doesn't do well with some home made breads because of the yeast. Regular white is ok. This looks good. Easy to make?
Not at all!
3 c flour (I used AP)
1/4 tsp yeast;
1/4 tsp salt*
1 1/2 c water;
Mix and let sit covered (recommend plastic under dish cloth 12 -20 hr on counter or 4-5 hr in warmer till fermented and bubbly. Bake in preheated cast iron Dutch oven (500°F) covered for 30 min, then uncovered for 5 -10 min more. Remove from Dutch oven and cool on wire rack. Cool THOROUGHLY before cutting or eating. (I bake mine in late afternoon, cover with dish towel before going to bed, and cut in the morning. Eating hot bread is VERY hard to digest.) Note: this is not a dough you can knead, you may just have to dump or pour it into the Dutch oven.)

*Stupid Google phone won't move to next line unless I put punctuation mark. 🙄

Make it a healthy kibble. Google the worst dog foods and best. Science diet is good. I have my dogs on it, the sensitive skin one. They're still itching. I'm trying some dog probiotics soon.
I cooked a couple of tough old roosters recently to make bone broth. Shredded the meat and made meat balls, rolling a spoonful of coconut oil in with each one to help hold them together. Flash froze them. My flaky-skinned Sheltie, Gracie, gets one in her breakfast every day. I make her breakfast the night before and set it in the microwave so the cats don't get it, it's thawed by morning. Supposed to help her skin. She also gets a frozen pumpkin ball. My friend the vet tech recommended that to help keep her anal glands clear. She gets Taste of the Wild, bison formula.

I forgot to update Kiki!

Since her loss of appetite a few days ago, I took her off raw, to give her digestive system a "resting" period. Put her on some easy to digest food. She is starting to gain her appetite back. Gave her some plain rice and chicken. Now I am wondering if her "loss of appetite" is actually "getting picky". I hope she isn't picky again! Her appointment is on Saturday. She is going to get a checkup and vaccinations. I want to get her an allergy test done, but I doubt my parents will let me.

I don't know what to do! If I feed her kibble, she could go an entire day without even touching it. I am afraid she will do that to raw too. :hmm
Do you feed chicken? My dogs are all allergic to chicken.

Her dental health is really good. I do a daily brushing and never noticed any thing on it.

Last time she got a check up at the vet, the vet also suspected an allergy of some sort. I am thinking she is allergic to the saliva of fleas. I still check her for fleas, even though she has a monthly flea and tick protection (frontline). I have found live fleas on her before, but I am not sure if the medication kills fleas or just protects the dog from the flea.
Frontline not work anymore. See ifcan try nexgard. Of course if you don’t clean the house, big, outside new ones will just jump on.

Back
Top Bottom