Granny's gone and done it again

Woke up yesterday morning to this. I got my phone and took this. Look close and you can see the dove. There are a couple of them that have been around all spring. These wild Dove stay together for life.
20220625_055953.jpg

Just got in from checking in on the animals. Almost ran over a rabbit in our driveway, near my flower garden, while driving the Mule!
Sorry I missed you. I got a library card recently and have downloaded some books. When there's no one to chat with here, I read myself to sleep. Much easier now than when I was a kid. Used to get yelled at by mom, when she could see the flashlight under the blankets. Teehee.

Sorry I missed you. I got a library card recently and have downloaded some books. When there's no one to chat with here, I read myself to sleep. Much easier now than when I was a kid. Used to get yelled at by mom, when she could see the flashlight under the blankets. Teehee.
I used to read at night too! Of course i didn't want to get up to go to school in the morning.

I still read myself to sleep. DH doesn't understand it. His head hits the pillow, count to three and he's asleep. Not me. Got to read till my eyes start drifting shut or my Kindle Fire slips out of my grasp. THEN I can fall asleep.

Busy weekend here. HAM radio Field Day. Technically it's a 24 hour period where Amateur Radio Operators are supposed to test their equipment for emergency use but it's turned into 24 hours where instead operators see how many contacts you can make in a 24 hour time period.

Yes, some people do set up all night to do it. We don't but we do spend some time on the radios. DH does voice I do digital. In between doing that I've been dealing with a sick EF hen.

Lost a rooster last week to the same symptoms. Sour crop. Probably a Candida infection. Got her inside, copper water, apple cider vinegar and miconazole. Today I started syringing pureed scrambled egg, chick starter and probiotics into her. She's not spewing anymore but she is one pissed off Fayoumi Hen which I guess is a good thing.

She's not out of the woods yet but sure thought she was a gonner yesterday.

Can't figure out where she picked it up. They all drink the same water from the same containers, eat the same food. Only two showing symptoms.

Scrubbed the water holders and they are all drinking copper laced water with ACV until further notice.

So it's been a busy weekend. In between running back and forth from the feed room and coop I've been sitting at the radio and computer trying to reel in contacts. It's a bit like 5000 people trying to fish out of the same water puddle.

Hi all, found another tick embedded in my back today. Its already left a bad spot.
Good news is SD and SIL showed up today and he fixed my brakes! They came from around Dayton Ohio. Brought soup beans and made corn bread. it was the yum. Did dishes. cat litter and garbage to the road too. Shoot, she even brought my food to me in my chair. Talk about spoiled.

Hi all, found another tick embedded in my back today. Its already left a bad spot.
Good news is SD and SIL showed up today and he fixed my brakes! They came from around Dayton Ohio. Brought soup beans and made corn bread. it was the yum. Did dishes. cat litter and garbage to the road too. Shoot, she even brought my food to me in my chair. Talk about spoiled.
Sure hope you have antibiotics on hand to take in the event of a tick bite. I keep minocycline on hand. Had to take a lot of boluses this spring. Ticks have been terrible here.

God I hate ticks and Lyme Disease.

Back
Top Bottom