Granny's gone and done it again

Garden beds i need to get ready to plant in soon. Got 2 ready today!
20230325_150809.jpg

got maybe 3 days worth of eggs from my girls and they went broody. The one never even laid eggs this season just went straight to being a ...witch. She bites and attacks. It wouldn't be SO bad but she also kills chicks.
Mind laid about 8 eggs each, then went broody. Three years in a row. The third year ... they made good soup. They were all sweethearts but one, though, we had to pen her away from the others or she would have killed their chicks. Two others co-parented four chicks, though!

Those are just the early bloomers. I think I have ten varieties, all told. I didn't plant them, they were here before me, but I do love them.

I think they were too crowded, or else got left somewhere cold.
We couldn't get a urine sample, but the vet thought it was her uterus being infected. So we have her on antibiotics. Hopefully it will clear up and then we can get her spayed at less risk.
Poor Mini! Hope she gets better!

you guys are WAY ahead of us up here in the great white north of Missouri. My Iris are just starting to come up. Frankly the weather has been less than spring like in this part of the state. 41° here yesterday with rain. More rain tonight through the weekend.
We had so much rain yesterday DH had to park at a neighbor's and walk home, the low-water bridges were flooded. I was worried, the lightning was intense!

woke up one day after taking an hour and a half nap and told my husband I didn't know what was wrong with me. I had slept 8 hours the night before.

His reply. You are going to be 70 this year. That's what's wrong.
That explains a lot, thanks ...

have little Abe Lincoln seedling tomatoes coming out of my ears! Even passed some seeds on to a friend to start. So appreciative! Both of us.
oooh, dry the seeds and mail us a few!

No little hands here, but little paws. Haha funny you mention tape, I did that. I've tried a heat plate before and lost whole batches of chicks. So I stick to the lamps.
😳 You lost chicks to a mama heating pad? How'd that happen? I've been thinking of getting one ...

Back
Top Bottom