Granny's gone and done it again

Shrewdawg you would do better to make your own. Those are full of bad ingredients. Ask Troyer. He makes great healthy cookies. I bet he would share his recipes.
I don’t get them very often, this is the first time in probably like over a year or two honestly. But I do appreciate it. I bet Troyer’s cookies are good. :love I wonder if he has a recipe for these. 🤔 @troyer

How many meals did you get from that 20#? It would have made at least 10 meals for us.
I didn't think to count! My DH, son and DGS** are all very hearty eaters. And it was so good - the shredded BBQ "sloppy joe" I made out of half of it - that my DGD, DIL* and myself were not shy about it either. I'd say we all ate twice off of that at least. I sliced the other half and we made sandwiches out of it. We all ate very well off of that as well, and there was enough for our family to enjoy at least twice more after my son and his gf left! That's pretty much all we ate except for "haystacks" one night (meatless taco salad).

*Son's gf - easier to call her DIL though they are not married. They have been together 10 -12 years.
DGD Dear GrandDaughter, aka GirlChild, 22-yo, have been raising since she was 10 ...
DGS, Dear GrandSon, have had him since age 6, aka The Kid, now 17 and a junior in HS. Attends Seventh-day Adventist academy in Centralia, MO, gets home leave every 4th (?) week; we drive up to St Louis to get him off the bus on the Sunday and take him back the following Sunday. Makes it a 3-hr drive each way instead of 6, if we had to go all the way to the school.

I didn't think to count! My DH, son and DGS** are all very hearty eaters. And it was so good - the shredded BBQ "sloppy joe" I made out of half of it - that my DGD, DIL* and myself were not shy about it either. I'd say we all ate twice off of that at least. I sliced the other half and we made sandwiches out of it. We all ate very well off of that as well, and there was enough for our family to enjoy at least twice more after my son and his gf left! That's pretty much all we ate except for "haystacks" one night (meatless taco salad).

*Son's gf - easier to call her DIL though they are not married. They have been together 10 -12 years.
DGD Dear GrandDaughter, aka GirlChild, 22-yo, have been raising since she was 10 ...
DGS, Dear GrandSon, have had him since age 6, aka The Kid, now 17 and a junior in HS. Attends Seventh-day Adventist academy in Centralia, MO, gets home leave every 4th (?) week; we drive up to St Louis to get him off the bus on the Sunday and take him back the following Sunday. Makes it a 3-hr drive each way instead of 6, if we had to go all the way to the school.
Sounds like a good deal! It is always good when everyone can enjoy the food. We lived in NE Mo for 12 years lots of good friends there.

I don’t get them very often, this is the first time in probably like over a year or two honestly. But I do appreciate it. I bet Troyer’s cookies are good. :love I wonder if he has a recipe for these. 🤔 @troyer
Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanutbutter
3/4th cup brown sugar, packed (I use 1/3rd cup and it's still sweet enough for me.)
1 egg
3/4th cup rolled oats (I use quick oats)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Form dough into balls (golf ball size)
Place on prepared pan and slightly flatten. (I like them a bit flatter so I flatten them to about 5/8th inch).
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Golden brown is the unbaked color so I go by how we like the texture and that's 9 minutes of baking instead of 10-12.

Note on the baking soda: The recipe says 1 tsp, I use 3/4th tsp because I can taste it if I use more.

Peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

Ingredients:
1 cup creamy peanutbutter
3/4th cup brown sugar, packed (I use 1/3rd cup and it's still sweet enough for me.)
1 egg
3/4th cup rolled oats (I use quick oats)
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
Add all ingredients except the chocolate chips into a mixing bowl and thoroughly combine.
Stir in the chocolate chips. Form dough into balls (golf ball size)
Place on prepared pan and slightly flatten. (I like them a bit flatter so I flatten them to about 5/8th inch).
Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Golden brown is the unbaked color so I go by how we like the texture and that's 9 minutes of baking instead of 10-12.

Note on the baking soda: The recipe says 1 tsp, I use 3/4th tsp because I can taste it if I use more.
Thanks!!!!

What is it with people who don't get married? I have one son like that. I even sent him a ring owned by my grandmother so he could get it remade. They have a kid too. Sigh.

What is it with people who don't get married? I have one son like that. I even sent him a ring owned by my grandmother so he could get it remade. They have a kid too. Sigh.
I think same reason he wouldn't come see me - he wanted to be solid in his sobriety first. He's been sober a couple of years now but not sure he's confident in it or trusts himself yet, y'know? He'll know when he's ready. His drinking aleady cost him one marriage. Not my place to judge, God knows I'm far from perfect. 😉

Sorry your fibro's giving you fits. Take care of you. :hugs

Back
Top Bottom