grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
sure I finally get caught up and then you all stop talking. I was always told roosters over 1 should be used in soups and stews only as the have a different taste. Vet's with beth went well we go back again on thursday. Was out at fary yesterday and didn't get back until9 then 10 doz eggs to wash and sort. Had supper about 11 pm LOL and still didn't manage to fall asleep until after 2 am. We are putting a tin roof over the feed graineries. Using recycled roofing tin for buildings that I had torn down. Hit a wasp nest my helper got nailed 3 times. I just froze. Caught and banded and clipped 4 slw pullets that had escaped the great roundup of last week. While working on the bin was washing the chickens. There is definitely going to be a austrolorp going to freezer camp very very mean to the girls he get focused on 1 and will chase her all over the run and thru the coop until he has his way with her. So "bill cosby" is getting the chop.

if she is not thin then dont worry about it but dont use her for breeding. You can use a fingernail file to the bottom of the beak if needed. not too many will trim the top because there are nerves running in there. just the very tip of the top.
Did the vet sa Beth can keep her toe ?

so you think the almost a year old rooster will taste different ? that was a ton of work for me. took 2 hrs. probably a 15 min. job.

Last edited:
if she is not thin then dont worry about it but dont use her for breeding. You can use a fingernail file to the bottom of the beak if needed. not too many will trim the top because there are nerves running in there. just the very tip of the top.

looking like she is going to keep most/some of it. Not sure if the4 nail is gone for ever or not. Most of the smell was from the bandage
sickbyc.gif
easily in the top 10 nastiest smells I have ever smelled. The young roo should be more tender and less gamey.

speaking of roo's I seem to be the only one in this particular coop/thread. Other then that pompus one you banned from the thread. Had to leave a couple note on a guest's door yesterday before going to the farm. First one was to leave the wall mounted TV on the wall or buy me a new one. Second one was to leave the lamp shade on the lamps and to NOT hand stuff off of the lights. I swear to GOD some people's kids.
rant.gif
Also to not move the beds around in the room. Would of kicked him out but here with a work crew and they have a total of 3 rooms.

The girls didn't mention anything today so evidently he can read an comprehend.

Last edited:

So grabbing the hen and using side cutters would be a no no then. She seems small big lungs tho a very good screamer. Finally had to hold her upside down so she would shut up. Kind of looks like she might have twisted her beak area other then it being a birth defect. Certainly didn't notice anything wrong when unpacking and making sure she drank and ate when I got them from the post office.

LOL, poor twist, you have the worst luck with your motel.. Yes, you are the only roo here. I dont know why. You dont judge or talk down. You are a good person. some men cant handle being equal . you dont seem to have a problem with that.. You wouldnt ask what you could do for your hen, you would already know it all.
lau.gif
Kidding aside, I havent seen any men on here except for you.

LOL, poor twist, you have the worst luck with your motel.. Yes, you are the only roo here. I dont know why. You dont judge or talk down. You are a good person. some men cant handle being equal . you dont seem to have a problem with that.. You wouldnt ask what you could do for your hen, you would already know it all.
lau.gif
Kidding aside, I havent seen any men on here except for you.

cool
wee.gif
that means I wont get culled
clap.gif
because you always want at least 1 roo in the flock
lau.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom