grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup, coon and squirrels. they tree them but this girl hasnt been trained to hunt. just a lover I guess. so a bay or a howl ? I love the sound of howls. LOL

Here she is !!!!! she showed me how I think i will remember
She's cute! Looks like she wants a lot of exercise though. The heartworm and flea meds are another expense I didn't think about. Don't have Mountain Cur out here. Although, maybe we do, and they changed the name because someone somewhere would be so offended by the word cur for a dog. (said in my best valley girl accent)
roll.png
She would be called a pit cross in our county, because 8 out 10 dogs in the shelter are pitbulls. I love short haired dogs, but you know she will want to come in on winter nights. Hope she gets along with your other critters.

oh no pit in her. all hound doggy ! she will be in for the coldest nights and depending on her smarts probably more.

LOL In MI. thats about all the dog pounds had was pits. never any small dogs. Lincoln park, 10 min. away would let people adopt pits from detroit but god forbid you got caught walking one under the age of 18 because the mama would go to jail.

My big dog Bell doesn't have any pit in her either, but you should have heard me argue with the county animal control when I registered her. They wanted to put her down as pit cross. Shelter said the man who turned in the puppies were Newfoundland cross, so that's how I wanted her listed. Big dog with a short coat and short ears is automatically a pit cross to them. No imagination. Your girl would really have been called a lab cross because that's the only other big breed, you know.
big_smile.png
No imagination!

I dont like the pits. Its not that I wouldnt have one but it would have to be 6-8 weeks when i got it. I wouldnt take a rescue. I know thats bad but too much goes on with them. all the bigger dogs people consider mean would be on my list . not just them. doberman GS ect....

The only hound dogs we ever had were Rhodesian Ridgebacks. They didn't smell at all (except for farts!) Beautiful animals, sight hounds, too smart for their own good, and excellent hunters. Had one catch a full grown jack rabbit and deliver it at my feet. I was just a kid, but wish I knew to put the hare in a crockpot (a la enola) to feed to the dog. She deserved it. We had one crossed with a bull mastiff who was really cool and about 120lbs in his prime.

I dont like the pits. Its not that I wouldnt have one but it would have to be 6-8 weeks when i got it. I wouldnt take a rescue. I know thats bad but too much goes on with them. all the bigger dogs people consider mean would be on my list . not just them. doberman GS ect....

Sad thing about pits is they're great dogs, but people don't know how to take care of them. There are tons of other breeds that bite much more frequently, but when a pit bites, they do such damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom