grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    I hope you are able to get some sleep tonight. My limited experience in hospitals was that rest is not a high priority. A good sleep can make a world of difference.

Later, when you are recuperating and bored, I'd love to hear more about your demolition days. [​IMG] How ever did you get started? I didn't even like the bumper cars at the fair! [​IMG]

2. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    Prayers and healing/calming thoughts your way Newfie.

Congrats on the polish granny and "VERYSMART" on quarantining the newbies. [​IMG]

So glad your pullet is doing better Camping. You might want to call animal control about the coyote if they got 1 easy meal chances are they will be back.

Has any one heard any more on mares dd???

Well good night all sweet dreams and warm fuzzies.

3. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    newfie you will be ok..bil had cath last week..if anything is wrong they will fix it. amazing what doctors can do now..

4. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I'm still waiting in line. I was asleep last night when they told me. After that I was wide awake. I have been repeatedly woken and stuck or pulled or something. I wanna go home. I sent DH to the car show to distract him. They said they would wake me and tell me if I am getting a stent or something. I keep hearing about how many people everyone knows who has had this so I feel a little better but still nervous.

I hate being put to sleep. I feel like I'm falling down a deep dark hole. Anybody else ever feel like that?

Ok. Enough of that. Talk about another subject.

What is everyone doing today?

5. campingshaws

campingshaws Flock Master Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Nothing big here. Overslept so no church. So we're just staying around the house. Maybe I'll get a room scrubbed out. I don't really believe in "lazy Sunday." I don't know why. If I'm not going to church, I like to get up and get stuff done.

My kid is out of school til Wednesday, so we've talked about going camping for one night, somewhere close to home. I hope we do.

6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Emily the pullet is still doing well. Her wound is still clean. She's still not using her foot, so I wonder if her hip is dislocated? I'm not sure how I would know or tell. But she's very chatty and alert and seems more energetic. :D

7. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Camping sounds like fun. Tent or trailer? We have a trailer now. We used to have an old army style tent. We could fit all 10 of us plus friends. And all our stuff. It was really big. I loved that thing but we wore it out. We camped all weekend for the 4th of July and labor day car shows. I miss the kids being little.

8. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Oh forgot. I am happy Emily is holding her own. Is there a vet you could ask questions about broken/dislocated legs even if you don't see him? Years ago I got antibiotics for a rabbit. I told them I didn't want to spend $30 for a visit on a $5 bunny. I only paid for the pills. :)

Vet is about $70 now.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

There's a vet near here that will see chickens, but it's $33 just to walk in the door. So, same situations. We don't really use a vet and get our pet vaccines through a traveling clinic.

10. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Tent, because we don't have a trailer. :D DH and I like to camp in our ENOs (hammocks) tent free. But the kids would need a tent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by