grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lily is on my love seat and frosty jumped up there to lay on her pillow and Lily snapped.
somad.gif

yes you can. go to thrift store and buy a big cookie tin it will fit on. buy a junk lamp or a new lamp switch kit. 40 watt light bulb. I kept a 3 1/2 gallon water on mine and the bulb lasted all winter .

Quote:
So, any of you all in here the high-falutin' type that go to the fancy, schmancy poultry shows???? Beyond my participation in 4-H as a youngster I have not ever actually been to a "poultry show" and there is one coming up in October that is apparently quite the affair -- thinking I might go but not sure what to expect, how welcome "observers" are, etc.
I've been to the pacific coast regional poultry show twice. Nothing really fancy about it, just A LOT more chickens and breeds than I've ever seen at a county fair. They're all lined up in cages on tables and you are free to walk through and see them up close. When the judges are working in an aisle, it's roped off to foot traffic. Most exhibitors are friendly and will chicken chat and answer questions. Walt (fowlman01 on BYC) even let me hold one of his ko shamo pullets. Felt like I was holding a brick!

Anyway, if you have the time you should go. Gives you a chance to see how the breeds are really supposed to look, not like the hatchery stock most of us are used to. The only downside is that you will see all those amazing birds and WANT them!

It's where my son fell in love with Seramas. He got to hold this beauty. We have a few of her cousins!

HUGE Minorca

Massive Brahma.

Amazing Buttercup.

Oh, and there's lots of crowing.
yippiechickie.gif

yes you can. go to thrift store and buy a big cookie tin it will fit on. buy a junk lamp or a new lamp switch kit. 40 watt light bulb. I kept a 3 1/2 gallon water on mine and the bulb lasted all winter .
That a good plan, I only had the large coop last winter. This winter I have 4 that will need heated dishes. I'll have to check at Goodwill for some.

That a good plan, I only had the large coop last winter. This winter I have 4 that will need heated dishes. I'll have to check at Goodwill for some.

do you know who the chicken chick is ? She has good instructions on her site. google the chicken chick and you will find the tin instructions .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom