grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC

2. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Right? But it's a "DRY" heat! [​IMG] It really is different with 10% humidity, but when it's 118? I'm not a fan of rocks, cactus and 110 deg. The heat is horrible! 80's about right for me too. But, there's mountains. Albuquerque, Prescott, Peyson. The cold gets me. I LOVED Michigan! Loved the people, the lifestyle, I couldn't take another ice storm. Shoveling out my horse trailer. Carrying boiling water, heating water for the critters. How cold does it get and for how long how much snow where you are?

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I go to Tractor supply stores. I like flock raiser. I used it when I had guineas and just stuck with it because its good for the babys too

4. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I am a little better then Mi. but we get ice storms and in the country its bad. beautiful if you dont need to go out. Mi. is a zone 5 and we are 5b-6

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    @Wishing4Wings s and @Twisted Acres

I think maybe this couldnt of come at a better time. congrats !!!![​IMG][​IMG]

7. Mutt Farm

I wish I could be ok with the cold and the snow again. Living in So Ca with the gangsters and crack heads is awful. I saw the pics of your coops/runs. How hard is it to raise chickens in your zone?

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I would much rather brave the ice then the gangs. It really doesnt matter where you live as much as how much you are willing to put into a coop. so very important to have electric in the coop and close to a water source and it just takes you having warm boots. I fell and broke my hip couple winters ago. slipped off the deck and bounced on the walk. 2 steps. I had a ramp put in so if i fall any more i am not going to land hard. I dread the winters mostly because I am not spending any time out there. every thing else can be worked out with careful planning and money to do it right.

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    well, camping, I see you on and was waiting for you to notice but not sure if your going to or not !!!! [​IMG] so, congratulations to you as well. LOL

10. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    if you truly want to kill a tree you can buy copper nails at a hardware store and pound then into the tree it should kill it pound the nails in a circle around the tree.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by