grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL Ol mare !!
I have some gossip not really gossip . about the woman with the ee and other chickens. she posted , despite what people have said, my chickens are not sick... another time she said she got "called on" and another where she "has to" rehome all her chickens. She used to be admin. for one of the chicken groups and stepped down for illness . so I dont know what you think if you add all that info together ?

im here. legs are holding me up. lol ok i guess, better then this am.  ever paint and "splash" some on the floor ?  If your looking at silkies they come in a few colors so spash could be white with splashes of black, grey, brown even in the fuzz. But then if they go to more then one color i believe they are called paints. not 100% on that
Thanks granny. I'm excited. They should be hatching soon. Not sure if she even knows the color yet. Someone showed me how to pick them up and they said that if they keep struggling they're maybe roos. If they get calm maybe hens. Any truth to that?

Thanks granny. I'm excited. They should be hatching soon. Not sure if she even knows the color yet. Someone showed me how to pick them up and they said that if they keep struggling they're maybe roos. If they get calm maybe hens. Any truth to that?

It's one of many old wives tales about sexing birds - like any of them, it has a 50/50 shot of being right.

LOL Ol mare !!
I have some gossip not really gossip . about the woman with the ee and other chickens. she posted , despite what people have said, my chickens are not sick... another time she said she got "called on" and another where she "has to" rehome all her chickens. She used to be admin. for one of the chicken groups and stepped down for illness . so I dont know what you think if you add all that info together ?

Yeah - I had seen the post about the health department, etc. From what I can see in the photos the birds all look to be very healthy and I suspect the call was more in regards to the issue of the sheer number of animals (apparently also at least one pig in addition to the chickens and ducks currently for sale *and* some guinneas and other birds already sold) than an actual health concern. Frankly, from the posts I have seen she just seems like someone who has become overwhelmed by it all and needs to lighten their load.

depends on who you ask. roos are more active and put up a little fight when peed off so thats where that comes from but if there was sure fire way to tell people wouldnt be getting roos for hens . Vent sexing by the pros and some feather sexing and sex links is about what you can rely on.

Yeah - I had seen the post about the health department, etc. From what I can see in the photos the birds all look to be very healthy and I suspect the call was more in regards to the issue of the sheer number of animals (apparently also at least one pig in addition to the chickens and ducks currently for sale *and* some guinneas and other birds already sold) than an actual health concern. Frankly, from the posts I have seen she just seems like someone who has become overwhelmed by it all and needs to lighten their load.

with her illness a while back that was my thinking as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom