grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mutt Farm

Mutt Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

TY red, they usually look like Twist's yaks minus the horns!

They are cool dogs. The "large" or "giant" or "Oorang" 'Dale is completely different than the little show standard dogs. Fearless hunters and protectors if needed. Stetson is a big boy. 28" at the shoulder. DH in the pic is 6'. I always take one in the car if I'm unsure. It's a good feeling to have those teeth with me. I only clip them 2-3 times a year. I like them furry. They don't shed and have no dog odor.

2. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    enola, he would have been perfect for me in a different lifetime.. he does every thing i hate to do. we have a lot in common. despite our ages I am way older then him . he is frugal and I like to spend . he cleans and I make the mess, he cooks and I eat. hahaaa I am very spoiled I wold never find another like tom that would put up with me. I bring nothing and take all.

3. Mutt Farm

That's why I'm always 5 pages behind! Hunt and peck for me!

4. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I skin old chickens. Then just use the breast, thighs and legs. The rest of the chicken goes in the chicken's personal crock pot for a few hours. Then I thicken the broth with chicken feed and feed back to the girls. They eat everything but the bones. They love it!!!

5. Dannachic

Dannachic Overrun With Chickens

Jun 3, 2015
    ky
    they are beautiful

6. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]So you're making $700+ after you eat the eggs you want and the chickens for free meals? That's impressive.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    x2

8. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Pay backs

9. Mutt Farm

[​IMG]I'd bet you do have some good in your jeans. Just need to find a gal that appreciates all you have!

1 person likes this.
  10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I spent the afternoon at the pumpkin patch. I'm so tired I could barely figure out how to post.

Twist: at $18 a week we estimate $936 just in feed for a year. That's for 20-40. So, room for improvement. :lau

Mutt: are the Aussies protective, one-person pups like chihuahuas? We saw one the other day and DH liked the looks of it, but when I hugged the lady we were visiting the dog absolutely FLIPPED SHIP. I've wanted one for a while... But that personality isn't for us. 90% of our job is strangers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by