grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am down to 10 hens and 3 roosters. I don't know how to make it simple to feed 200 hens FF. That would take a lot of buckets, but it could be done.

Red, I don't feed dry feed on the side, just fermented feed once a day.

Last edited:
Morning all, Enola, hows baby ? better i hope.. no sleep last night . 3 hrs. maybe so a long nap today I am hoping . haha
bad dreams last night Lily of course. I had all my animals stuffed in a car except her. I had left her behind. many many miles away and needed to pull over. My father was with me. He opened the hatchback (lol) and all the cats took off . I was trying to catch them and I was putting them under a bunch of clothes . Looked up and Lily had run the whole way trying to keep up with us. so I picked her up as well..
I think this stems from a convo I had with DS last night. he is attached. He hasnt been attached to a dog since he was 6 or so and was running the fence with his dog . barking at people , tried to bite the mail man , ect... he has disliked dogs ever since that. this is the first one . I didnt ask him about help with the dog , he offered. I dont think its a good idea to keep her. even though I am attached as well. I offered him a puppy , he was not impressed.

Good night all. I found my poem about the dog's irresistible attraction to pole cats. True story from a few years back.

Late last night my dog was pacing the floor,
Was she sick? Gotta go? So I let her out the door.
The neighborhood was quiet, the chickens were asleep.
Nothing rustling in the bushes. Not a single cricket cheep.

Then to my annoyance, she took off like a shot.
She circled something, growled and woofed and loudly barked a lot!
Oh no, what was that out there in the yard?
Something big and scary? Why was she on guard?

I ran to get a flashlight. I tried to call her back.
Couldn’t see what she was after, ‘cause the night was inky black.
Then, suddenly as it started, the barking was no more.
Did the creature eat my doggy? I was shaken to my core.

After one long moment, Belle came racing back to me,
And soon I suspected what the creature had to be.
A certain acrid odor was wafting through the night,
And Belle was rolling on the lawn. She’d given up the fight.

You’d think the first three times would have taught her what to do.
"Leave that skunk alone, you dope! It’s the garage tonight for you!"
PeeYew!!
sickbyc.gif

this is so cute . I can see this on the wall cross stitched or those funny greeting cards.

Granny would y'all be able to walk lily if she didn't pull so hard? I have a head collar I could send you. It worked wonders on my last lab. I also have a pinch collar, but that's not my favorite. I bought it out of desperation. It's works too, though.

Mutt, please don't fuss at me. :oops:

why are you being so nice and polite tonight Twist.  I really did mean the cats ...  

lmao it took me a while to figure that one out.   I am always nice   and try to be polite unless red is on  all his fault you know.
Glad granny caught that. You been on this thread now over a year and a half. I haven't been here that long. I was all shy and innocent when I first got on this thread. You have forced me to become the sicko that I have become. :lau right granny :oops:

thank you for the offer, last time (only time) i took her on leash she did pretty good. i had to give a few short tugs as she wanted to lead but it corrected her and she heeled. Its myself that cant walk. No sidewalks here or i would take her with the electric chair. she runs , A lot. she gets her energy out .

Glad granny caught that. You been on this thread now over a year and a half. I haven't been here that long. I was all shy and innocent when I first got on this thread. You have forced me to become the sicko that I have become.
lau.gif
right granny
hide.gif

well, I wouldnt go that far.... hahaa

thank you for the offer, last time (only time) i took her on leash she did pretty good. i had to give a few short tugs as she wanted to lead but it corrected her and she heeled. Its myself that cant walk. No sidewalks here or i would take her with the electric chair. she runs , A lot. she gets her energy out .

granny if robert is attached to her i think you should keep lily..i know i am probably wrong..lots of work and her marking..but it would seem sad to me if he loves her..

Granny would y'all be able to walk lily if she didn't pull so hard? I have a head collar I could send you. It worked wonders on my last lab. I also have a pinch collar, but that's not my favorite. I bought it out of desperation. It's works too, though.

Mutt, please don't fuss at me.
hide.gif

what is a pinch collar ? choke chain ? I wouldnt use that either. I used the muzzle collar on bambi. my dog from 11 yrs ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom