grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
think I will go out for a while and look at places I wish my shrubs were planted. One person I thought i could get to come plant and Tom dont want him here. SIL .

think I will go out for a while and look at places I wish my shrubs were planted. One person I thought i could get to come plant and Tom dont want him here. SIL .

WOW even Tom doesn't like the man .
ep.gif

Camping I always use choke chains on my Males. I have no issue with either type of collar , you use what works and makes the dog safe to have around. I have the shock collars as well usually just using the tone button is all you need. Just make sure the batteries aren't dead. The number 6 setting will make your brother throw it far away from him. Best part was he did it to himself.
lau.gif

Well we had an exciting night. My chiaweenie has been barking for 3 nights. Everyone has been out at some point to see what it was. Last night gs opened kitchen door to look because he heard dog growling. An opposum ran in and got under table. He scared the smuthers out of me hollering Mawmaw. I poked the possum with my walking stick hoping it would go out the door. Instead it went in den behind chair behind tv stand behind love seat where gs used grabber to pick it up and throw it out on porch. He got his pellet gun and killed it. He wanted me to shoot it on the porch with my shotgun. Hahaaa
Jane that reminds me. I had an outside cat a few years ago. Well I went out the backdoor one night to give the cat some fresh food and water. I didn't have a porch light out back but the dish was right at the back door so I could see a little. Well I bent down to get the dish away from the cat. I picked it up and reached over to give my beautiful loving cat a stroke on the head. The darn cat walked away from me down the steps before I could pet her. Good thing though. Took a 22 long rifle round to kill the possum I tried to pet.

Our last lab was a year old when we got him, and just a beast. The biggest dumb dummy. He busted my nose once with an accidental head butt. So we got the pinch collar for him. DH and I (newlyweds in our early 20s) took turns putting it on our arms and legs and giving sharp tugs. That was the only way I felt ok using it. It was uncomfortable, but not overly painful.

I'll have to go back and look for the leave it site. My BFF took puppy training classes and told me the technique they used, but it's never worked for me. :/

Here's Ben waiting patiently for me to say "eat." :lau
I dug out our old shock collar the other day. We're trying to figure it out. Since he's been trained with one in the past, I think if I just sound the tone that he'll correct himself. I want to teach him "leave it" but I can't figure out how without two people. He gets (what I call) "face dumb," when you get close to his face his brains melt and he's just a big drooling dummy looking for ear scratches. When I say "leave it" I want him to heel, so I think it would work fastest if I had a partner to work him him on a leash. Or maybe I could use a training lead to reel him in?

Thoughts from the experts? We have lots of valuable experience and ideas here. :)
I'm trying to find the post mutt sent me. I saved it but don't know where. I'll post it asap.

Have to run to the ins man. Add they yaks to the policy, not sure I can insure them but there is ins for if they get out and damage others property. And knowing my GOOD neighbor I better get some. TTFN

Our last lab was a year old when we got him, and just a beast. The biggest dumb dummy. He busted my nose once with an accidental head butt. So we got the pinch collar for him. DH and I (newlyweds in our early 20s) took turns putting it on our arms and legs and giving sharp tugs. That was the only way I felt ok using it. It was uncomfortable, but not overly painful.

I'll have to go back and look for the leave it site. My BFF took puppy training classes and told me the technique they used, but it's never worked for me. :/
I know I saved it but to stupid to figure out where. It was no more then three days ago. If I luck up and find it , I'll post it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom