grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Well, finally caught up, and it looks like I'm mostly alone, although Kathy just posted, but by the time I finish my mega-multi post, she'll probably be off too.

Quote:
    And they did check his hearing, right?

Wait, didn't you just celebrate your momentous 2000th post? Seems like only yesterday!
    You must be a fast typist.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  2. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Camp, When my son was small, he didn't talk right because he had hearing problems. He was a twin, so I had his sister to compare him to.

It was from allergies and he didn't sneeze he just had his ears plug up. Years of shots and a truckload of medicine and he's fine. He still has moderate hearing loss but you probably wouldn't notice.

He's 28 now and I wish he would just shut up. Lol

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Kathy is a wealth of knowledge.

1 person likes this.
  4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Thanks y'all. He hasn't had his hearing tested, but at his last checkup I talked with the pedi about speech and he checked DS ears and didn't see a problem there. We whisper a lot, and he always heard and understands. Not saying that's conclusive, but I would be surprised if his hearing was severely impaired. We have a friend who's speech path and she gave him a listen several months back. She said he's missing entire groupings of sounds, but she was very positive about it. She said that it's sometimes easier to learn the group instead of trying to isolate the one sound you are missing.

My biggest worry now is that he'll clam up. He likes to pretend to be shy. And I'm so used to translating for him, it's going to be really hard to sit quietly. Maybe I'll go for a walk. :/

5. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    I can't believe I missed the Kathy parade! I want to sing her praises! It's because of Kathy that I was able to get up my nerve to crop feed a pullet last year. Kathy helped me when my whole flock was so sick with fowl pox, and I didn't lose a single one. :D

1 person likes this.
  6. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    Y'all stayed up too late and now I'm talking to myself. That's alright, though.

Red and granny, y'all hurting bad this morning? Tippy and jane, getting dried out?

I had a stress dream last night. It was 6 am and someone knocked on the door. I hid behind the fireplace because I wasn't wearing pants. The kids opened the door and people started coming in, about 30 people I haven't seen in 5-10 years. My house was just as dirty as it is now and I was horrified. And there was no door on my bedroom. So, I guess I need to clean today. :confused:

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Camping he may not have hearing loss but several years ago I found out my hearing was terrible. During the test they had a speaker in front of me and it would say words and I was supposed to repeat what I heard . That was a laugh in itself. After I was done and the doctor was able to stop laughing at some of the words that I said I thought I heard, (thought that stupid speaker was cussing me out) he told me that he knew from the begging that my hearing was terrible because I was trying to read the speakers lips (ship up twist ). I never realized that I did this. He turned his back to me and told me to repeat what he said. I couldn't do it. He then turned faces me and repeated the same thing only lowered his voice. I repeated everything right and then realized that I was reading his lips. My mom was with me and I asked her if he spoke louder when he was facing me. She said that she couldn't even make it out we he was facing us but he was very loud with his back turned. At that point I knew I couldn't hear. Maybe he's reading lips?

8. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    Good morning all.

9. campingshaws

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

That would be impressive. I guess we'll find out Friday.

10. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    god morning

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by