grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got to tone it down a bit. Got a pm that said I was offensive on another thread. I didn't think I was no offensive than some of the others on there but, guess I offended someone. I apologized and I think everything's ok now. If I offend anyone on here please let me know.

red you have never offended  me..some people  are more sensitive or don't have a sense of humor..you are home here  we all love you..:hugs
X2

Alright mutt and Newfie (and whoever else) here's what I did tonight. Let dogs out and fed them. Ben came in first, we practiced "leave it!" with an irresistible moving target: my kids eating pizza. They were waving it everywhere, and not on purpose to tempt him, but because what is supper without casual acrobatics? So this was something that already needed to be addressed.

Ok. If he moved in to sniff I left him alone. If he got close to a plate or a kid hand I said "leave it!" If he came to me and sat, eye contact, then he got a treat. If he did not immediately back away, I gave him a "no!" or that sound that southern people use for kids and dogs (that sharp sound like "ANT!" but with no t on the end and it's sort of growled at the back of the throat). He responded to that and came and sat and made eye contact, but no treat. I made sure he never got pizza, never licked or nipped a plate or a slice. I was totally prepared to grab it from his mouth if needed. So... Am I doing this right? :oops:

I dressed up my Guniea pig for 4h. I was a "Fun" class at fair. I also have a video of him playing a maracca. I traned him to do so. I love to share!

https://plus.google.com/11067271267...6150353781558765442&oid=110672712674714767514
MELON! That's CRAZY GOOD! Clicker training a pinny gig! Love it!
celebrate.gif
wee.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom