grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    linda, I had to get a prescription from the vet because Frontline and Advantage don't work anymore. We rarely have fleas, but my big dog is allergic, so even one can cause trouble.

I found the box. It's called Bravecto. A chewable pill given once every 3 months. Worked like a charm. Only gave one dose this spring and haven't needed another so far. Problem is it's expensive. I remember enola had a cheaper alternative, but don't remember the name.

Other than that, all I know is shampoos and sprays, flea collars?, and fanatical vacuuming. Hopefully mutt will know a magic bullet.

2. lindalouly

lindalouly Grd Ctrl 2 Major Tom

they give me EBGBS too. I bathed them in flea shampoo but I can still see some. Not wanting this battle right now.

3. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota

4. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    and WASH everything fabric in the house that you can and steam clean the carpets. Move furniture tip it over vacuum it and spray with bug spray pay special attention to any seams

5. lindalouly

AYIYI, I guess I better get the steam cleaner from moms house. This sounds worse than lice!!!! tomorrow I will be going to battle, wish me luck and I will make an apt to get good meds. too.

6. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Never been to a manicurist. I can't stand the smell. I did try nail polish once in 9th grade as part of a Halloween costume. Didn't like like it. Took it off the next day.

7. twisted-acres-farm

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    IMHO it is worse then lice. The eggs can last quite a few days.

8. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Oh wait, Linda! Put a flea collar inside your vacuum cleaner bag so the fleas die inside there rather than crawling back out.

9. Wishing4Wings

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    If you get the flea pills, you don't have to worry quite so much about the house. Any hatching fleas will die when they bite the dogs.

10. lindalouly

good idea!!!! I got a plan now!!!! never had fleas. wonder if it is because we dropped dramatically in temperature... went from 80 to freezing at night really fast this year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by