grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had them in big wood brooder boxes that hubby got from work. They were the top & bottom of a huge packing crate. Just put hardware cloth on the tops & we were good to go.

what we do for baby chicks lol. i'm getting an egg a day from my barred rock.but still waiting on the ee's to lay.

I can't imagine 33. The most I have kept in was 6. Soon as they have feathers, out!
Try to imagine over 80 then. Dummy me brooded & sold chicks to friends & family that didn't want to deal with the mess or having to use a heat lamp. Once they were old enough to go outside I set up a bunch of dog kennels in my back garage and stored them in those until they were sold off. Bad, bad idea :lau At least I was dumb only once :gig

Last edited:
I had them in big wood brooder boxes that hubby got from work. They were the top

what we do for baby chicks lol. i'm getting an egg a day from my barred rock.but still waiting on the ee's to lay.
How old is your EE? I've found mine go in spurts, they take a lot more time off from laying than other breeds, but I love having the varied egg colors, customers love it too.

How old is your EE? I've found mine go in spurts, they take a lot more time off from laying than other breeds, but I love having the varied egg colors, customers love it too.

they are all a little over 21 weeks.the barred rock is the only one laying.my older ones are molting i haven't had an egg from them in over a month.

Try to imagine over 80 then. Dummy me brooded & sold chicks to friends & family that didn't want to deal with the mess or having to use a heat lamp. Once they were old enough to go outside I set up a bunch of dog kennels in my back garage and stored them in those until they were sold off. Bad, bad idea :lau At least I was dumb only once :gig
Oh Lord. I can see myself leading up to this. I gotta get control. Hi. My name is red. And I'm a chickaholics.

they are all a little over 21 weeks.the barred rock is the only one laying.my older ones are molting i haven't had an egg from them in over a month.
So she should be laying pretty soon. My EE just started to lay 2 weeks ago, she was 23 weeks. That's about the average I've had when my others started laying too. I have 2 molting & 1 new layer. Rehomed 4 older ones in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom