grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tumbling K

Tumbling K Overrun With Chickens

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    twisted, I'm not a goat expert, but if I had to guess, it would be similar to chickens in different breeds and different flavoring of the meat. probably none.

I do know there are better breeds for milking, that do not put allot of their protein intake towards meat production, similar to meat chickens and eggers.

2. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana
    [​IMG]

Check out Ben conducting himself like a gentleman with Emily RIGHT THERE. He knew she was there, but every time I tried to get a pic he would turn around and grin at me. :gig He did great! The other chickens have learned to give him a wide berth, but Emily, Pigeon, and a few of the other tamest ones are more interested in being close to me, The Food and Treat Bringer.

He's self-correcting, too. When he would look at a chicken, without any correction from me he would sit with his back to it and make eye contact with me. Perfect response for a leave it command! I'm so proud of him.

2 people like this.
  3. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    them orange collars with a box on it will certainly help.

4. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

I have a black one, too. ;)

5. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Morning all :frow

I'm just popping in to let you know that I'm not stuck in the cupboard still from last night! Although with the day I've had I wish I had stayed in there! :barnie
    After my snack yesterday evening I didn't make it back on here, I fell asleep in the chair :oops: Woke up with a broken neck and then had a restless night cos I'd had a nap!

Hope your all having a lovely day today :D

6. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    so one for the pup, and one for the husband?

7. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's awesome Bert. I live in a small town where that's about all we have for entertainment lol. Richmond Raiders is our team. You must've played when you were younger? I'll definitely be looking for the show if it's on here. What station is doing it? I've never heard of six player teams. Bet that's a lot of fun for you and the kids?

8. rIrs roost

rIrs roost Sir Crows A lot

Aug 20, 2015
    Rockingham NC
    That's great camping. He looks so much better now too.

9. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop

Well done Ben :clap

He's looking great camping :thumbsup

10. Tumbling K

Oct 5, 2015
    Texas
    red, yes I played.

both of these boys grew up watching my oldest son play quarterback thru jr high and high scholl, very successfully.

we are for sure a football family. I think I have one more football player left out of the boys. the youngest son, is tough as boot leather, and fearless, at 4. should be a blast watching him play.

I'm hoping he doesn';t grow like me and the 11 year old. we were both small for our age. he's one of the smallest on his team, but plays bigger. way faster than I was when I was his age.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by