grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
X3 on the humidity Red, my broody eggs usually pip day 19 & hatched day 20. And the most important thing you need to do is make sure before day 18 that there isn't any gaps a chick can fall in & be seperated from momma. They will get to cold & die. That happened with my first broody hatch. Lost 2 chicks from that. Make sure you have marbles in you water dish so no chicks fall in & drown. Unfortunately the first couple days you shouldn't mess with mamma & babies. I know, not something you want to hear.
That's really gonna kill me.
I will go steal some photos out of the EE sexing thread to show a male comb.. 8 wk hatchery EE pea comb Same EE as adult. Very small pea comb and green eggs. Young Ameraucana with her first egg. Has bigger comb than the EE.
Thanks wishing. I'm still trying to figure out the three row thing lol. It looks like my wyandotties comb. Like chewed gum
nice looking family dad is handsome
x2

Red, here are some young male pea combs. They are plumper and more puffed up than a female's which look like a single ridge down the center. The males look more like 3 bumpy ridges smooshed up side by side.

You can see 2 distinct ridges from this angle. Dead give away is the red color, though. (Not my photo)

post #7466 of 10163
9/19/14

• Faraday40
  • chicken_obssessed.v2061160168.png
Here's an example of a cockerel at 4.5 weeks old.
The comb had just a tiny bit of color and some small red-brown patches.

You can see how it looks puffier than a female pea comb.

Red, here are some young male pea combs. They are plumper and more puffed up than a female's which look like a single ridge down the center. The males look more like 3 bumpy ridges smooshed up side by side. You can see 2 distinct ridges from this angle. Dead give away is the red color, though. (Not my photo) post #7466 of 10163 9/19/14
Here's an example of a cockerel at 4.5 weeks old. The comb had just a tiny bit of color and some small red-brown patches. You can see how it looks puffier than a female pea comb.
Thanks wishing. I think I see it now. Some must be harder to see then others?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom