grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks newfie. I'm going to look at it tomorrow nd make sure that's what it is. I think I'm seeing a little knot on both feet. He jumps down a lot so I'm guessing that's what caused it.
hi Red! Is this a favorite of fancy roo? Are you SURE it's bumblefoot? I've read a bit about bumble foot. Treatment is extensive with fair success. No disrespect meant, but would you consider culling if it's advanced? It's nasty stuff and like granny said.

I went thru articles about it. I was planning on soaking it, cutting out the core & then squeezing it to get all the cheesy stuff out of it. Then use diluted batedine to clean it again. Pack it with Neosporin ointment & then put a non-stick sterile pad on it, then wrap it in vet wrap. Make sure to keep him seperated from the rest of them. So he's not moving around a lot on it. Keep bedding very, very clean. Watch very closely in case an infection sets in. Keep it clean & covered until it completely heals. Treat with a course of antibiotics if infection does happen.

I think it said clear iodine. I think it was on the Pekin Duck thread about just soaking, not cutting. But if you don't get it soon enough, it goes into the bone and kills them.
I think that is what might have happened with my roo. The bumble foot site I visited said to soak in Epsom salt water or a diluted betadine which is iodine but red.
I googled bubblefoot, they have Utube videos on it. The Chicken Chick covers the treatment. I'm sure there is stuff on this site as well.

Past my bedtime. I've got to get up early to start red beans and rice for the board tomorrow. I'll be sure to take lots of pics at the sale! Nite y'all!
frow.gif

night camping . sleep well.

Quote: I think that is what might have happened with my roo. The bumble foot site I visited said to soak in Epsom salt water or a diluted betadine which is iodine but red.
I googled bubblefoot, they have Utube videos on it. The Chicken Chick covers the treatment. I'm sure there is stuff on this site as well.
Ask Casportpony, she knows alot.

Past my bedtime. I've got to get up early to start red beans and rice for the board tomorrow. I'll be sure to take lots of pics at the sale! Nite y'all! :frow

Nite Camping! Meant to tell you GREAT job with BEN! I've not had time to comment like I want! Clean ya dam office! Cheat, Zanarans red beans and rice! 

UGH NO WAY. Too much sodium, plus mine is the best. I can't feed Louisianans boxed stuff! They'll know. I'm going to get it rolling at 6 so it can simmer for six hours. Get some sausage in there, a couple of bay leaves, and golden sweet cornbread to crumble on top. MMMMMMMmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom