grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use a bungee cord when I'm going in the run and don't want them to push out. I attach it to the door, then pull it tight behind me and attach it to the run. Perfect.

:fl for your hatch granny!

I gave the chicks back yesterday. My poor sweet girl was wailing before they got three feet from us. She knew that was the plan, poor thing. So I'm thinking about getting one back, and buying it some olive egger chicks for company.

I use a bungee cord when I'm going in the run and don't want them to push out. I attach it to the door, then pull it tight behind me and attach it to the run. Perfect.

fl.gif
for your hatch granny!

I gave the chicks back yesterday. My poor sweet girl was wailing before they got three feet from us. She knew that was the plan, poor thing. So I'm thinking about getting one back, and buying it some olive egger chicks for company.
I did learn my lesson. I too use a bungee cord now to secure the door when I'm in there.

thumbsup.gif
I never seem to learn mine.
Ha, ha Granny...I seldom learn mine either, but don't relish the idea of spending the day in the coop. My husband thought it was funny. He stood outside looking in the window and laughing several minutes before he opened the door. He was going to run out and do some chores, but decided to check on me first....would have ended up spending the better half of the morning in the coop. The hens came in to check on me and found it interesting that I was sitting on their bottom roost. Was lucky...I had just cleaned their roosting boards the day before.

thank you all. its a card i will treasure. I do hope you guys changed your latches or at the very least tie a string to the latch you can pull up to free yourselves. that is dangerous. what if the cell dont work? dont make me worry girls !   in other news, day 20. at 5 am. my daughter hears chirping (internal) at 7 am. i get up to find temp. spike of 105. 
Oh no, are the little buggers ok? And yes I rigged the latch so that could never happen again. Plus thankfully it was just a temporary cage, haven't used it since. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom