grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am baby sitting, that didnt take long did it?   does anyone remember the story i told a yr. ago or so ? I was standing on my back porch and heard someone like they were standing right next to me asking me for help. it was about 5 am.  It startled me but i knew someone was in trouble. I got in my van in my nighty and took off. I had gone a mile when i was going to turn around because at this point i figured i had just lost my mind. LOL there he was a boy, laying in the middle of the road. bone was sticking out of his back and he couldnt feel his legs. he begged me to stay even after others were there. fire, rescue ambulance ect.. and i did. I stayed until he was airlifted out.  This day I got a beautiful thank you card in the mail saying sorry it had took so long, I was in her thoughts every day and she thanks god every day that I was there for her son.  That boy is meant for something bigger as he Walked out of the hospital.  I am just a little bit pleased.. :D
OMG granny girl, how amazing. Glad you went with your feelings and went and looked. So nice of the mother to send you a thank you card. You are right, God has something more planned for this young man :)

Had a lady once tell me she broke her ankle walking her dog at four in the morning. She didn't have her cell phone. It's never occurred to me to take mine when I go out at that hour. Sometimes I can't sleep so I go for a walk. When the moon is full it's really nice.

Granny I'm glad you could hear so well.

I even take mine out to the coops with me. Last winter I got locked in a small pen we had built out of pallets. It was just a temporary qauretine pen, but I had to crawl in it to get the eggs. When I pulled the door shut the handle dropped down into the slot. It was very cold and it was over a hour before hubby realized I had been outside a bit too long. I could have broke out if I wanted to break the pen, but that was something I didn't want to do. Thankfully it was a Sunday when he was home. Moral of the story, I try to take my cell phone with me even if it is just a quick check for eggs.

I even take mine out to the coops with me. Last winter I got locked in a small pen we had built out of pallets. It was just a temporary qauretine pen, but I had to crawl in it to get the eggs. When I pulled the door shut the handle dropped down into the slot. It was very cold and it was over a hour before hubby realized I had been outside a bit too long. I could have broke out if I wanted to break the pen, but that was something I didn't want to do. Thankfully it was a Sunday when he was home. Moral of the story, I try to take my cell phone with me even if it is just a quick check for eggs.
I've done the same thing. Went into the coop to clean and the door, which has a latch that locks automatically, slammed shut when the wind caught it. There was the chicken door that I might have squeezed through, but I waited a while until my husband came out to find me. Been much longer, I would have had to try their door.

I've done the same thing. Went into the coop to clean and the door, which has a latch that locks automatically, slammed shut when the wind caught it. There was the chicken door that I might have squeezed through, but I waited a while until my husband came out to find me. Been much longer, I would have had to try their door. 
The bad thing with this pen was I literally had to crawl into it. Once in I had to be hunched over with my head just about between my knees. I had a narrow board I could straddle for a bit until my buns started freezing & my neck was about broke off. If it hadn't been so miserably cold & uncomfortable it would have been comical ha ha.

thank you all. its a card i will treasure. I do hope you guys changed your latches or at the very least tie a string to the latch you can pull up to free yourselves. that is dangerous. what if the cell dont work? dont make me worry girls ! in other news, day 20. at 5 am. my daughter hears chirping (internal) at 7 am. i get up to find temp. spike of 105.

It never occurred to me to take mine with me to the coops and I've gotten locked in the run a couple of times. Fortunately the lock is just a board screwed to the doorway and can be pushed back up. Though not to easily when you have fat stubby fingers.
lol.png

Rancher hicks, you can still drill a hole in that and bring the rope up and in the coop. pull it to open. I use eye latches cheap, easy . put one inside and out.

thank you all. its a card i will treasure. I do hope you guys changed your latches or at the very least tie a string to the latch you can pull up to free yourselves. that is dangerous. what if the cell dont work? dont make me worry girls !   in other news, day 20. at 5 am. my daughter hears chirping (internal) at 7 am. i get up to find temp. spike of 105. 

Yikes! Glad your daughter heard the chirping! Hope she's feeling better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom