grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    LOl, ya guess i do. starting to get excited over the eggs jesse will be mailing out to me.

2. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    It's got to happen this time!

How cold is it there? Do you think the eggs will freeze during shipping? People have hatched out refrigerated eggs, so I guess they can get down to the mid-30s.

I have 8 broodies- 1 Silkie, 1 bantam cochin, and 6 Serama. I figure all together they could hatch out over 50 serama eggs. It;s all theory though. No babies for us this year. Too hard on me to have to give up the cockerels.

3. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    its supposed to be a little warmer but he lives in the very cold. montana brrr....... If it dont happen this time wishing i give. seramas are awesome and i just am not having luck with them. I have those 2 girls in the barn that need a boy. I put my only boy in there and they plucked his neck feathers out. so not sure how that will work. if they will do it to another or maybe if i separate the 2 and give them a roo each. I dont think i will have to worry about it too much if these dont hatch. lol I cant afford 25$ a bird and 75 shipping.

4. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    guess i will go give it a shot. woke up with my shoulder hurting and couldnt get out of bed. LOL hot shower helped as long as i was in there. so not really looking forward to going in there but my eyes are starting to cross. LOL have a great night !!!

5. Wishing4Wings

Wishing4Wings Isn't it Amazing? Premium Member

May 7, 2012
    Sonoma County, CA
    Good night granny! You got a heating pad for your shoulder? Feels good on my back. Ahhhhh

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    uug, my whole body is a heating pad. pours sweat. gross.

7. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    there.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Granny, my hot flashes have started up again. Gross...

9. Watermelon123

Watermelon123 Chillin' With My Peeps Premium Member

Jan 31, 2015
    Northern Ohio,
    Hi everyone! Just got back from tractor supply for a new water bucket for my horse (he destroyed his other one) and thair chicks are finnally here! I had to look away from them and say to myself "I cant get any chickens, I cant get any chickens, I cant get any chickens" I was hard, but I got out of ther with no chicks. The horses are not tearing up the barn anymore, and somthing AMAZING happend, the drive way to the barn was plowed! I guss they learned. But right now I am counting down the days till I go to New York. Sorry to hear about your shoulder Granny, I hope it gets better. Hope everyone has a great day, I will be poking in later.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  10. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I do not enter TSC when chicks are there. I send Mike to the feed store........

Does that mean I am a chicken?

My signature line should read. "Hello, my name is Enola, I am a chick-aholic".........

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by