grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well kinda, it does work sorta on the larger breeds of chickens. It doesn't work on the breeds I have, but, they are not large breeds.

I had two silver laced wyandottes. They laid pretty, light brown-pinkish eggs. Their eggs are really pretty in a basket with dark brown eggs and blue and green eggs.

Twisted, the one on the left in the picture definately does look like my rooster. My guy is a darker russet on the head and shoulders but the wings and other coloring looks the same. My rooster does have a couple of black flecks in his tail and 1 black tail feather which doesn't really show in the photo I posted, his legs are a yellow/white. His comb & wattles are very heavy, I sometimes wonder how he is able to eat without them getting in his way. Thanks so much! I have always been curious about what he might be. I had his "brother" as well but re-homed him, 2 roosters is 1 too many for my current small flock. His brother looked very similar to him.

I did post him under the "What's my breed?" section--be curious to see what other folks think. Thanks again!!

You are more then welcome. Only reason I knew is am thinking of ordering a few pullet to amp up my egg production. Personally I prefer the heritage breeds. Something that I could breed and have them be self-replacing.

i am not picking them out so i guess we will see. if they are roos i will eat them. I just dont know the right time. watch her be a no show. been talking to her for 2 days and dont have a time set yet. just tomorrow.

Twist, you should come here and live . I could come by for lunch. hahaa my mom always told me men make better cooks but the mess they leave dont make it worthwhile. is that true?

DH just went to check the mail.
lau.gif
he needs the exercise been fussing half the day about my eggs not coming today.

I have forgotten how to make shepherds pie. it has been a LONG time. mashed on top and thats about it. 

Super easy. Season ground beef with onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, whatever. Add mixed veg. Layer in a pan (I use the disposable aluminum kind.) Add mashed potatoes, and top with cheese. Bake at 425 til cheese is melted and top is browned. It's a little work, but it's easy to make a huge batch to freeze, and throw in the oven later. I don't peel my potatoes, just chop and boil (big batch) or microwave bake (small batch) and mash with butter, milk, garlic, and parsley. It will MELT in you mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom