grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    salt (very little) pepper , worchesteier sauce, onions, garlic, green or colored peppers, mushrooms . celery. What ever you like Too much salt and it looks like winter season

Last edited: Mar 8, 2015
  2. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Well kinda, it does work sorta on the larger breeds of chickens. It doesn't work on the breeds I have, but, they are not large breeds.

I had two silver laced wyandottes. They laid pretty, light brown-pinkish eggs. Their eggs are really pretty in a basket with dark brown eggs and blue and green eggs.

3. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    man that sounds good. DD is coming today to cook I may just send her back out for these things. mmm

4. twisted-acres-farm

twisted-acres-farm Maiah and daughter dob aug 2, 2017 Premium Member

Jul 1, 2011
    Dickinson, North Dakota
    You are more then welcome. Only reason I knew is am thinking of ordering a few pullet to amp up my egg production. Personally I prefer the heritage breeds. Something that I could breed and have them be self-replacing.

5. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    i am not picking them out so i guess we will see. if they are roos i will eat them. I just dont know the right time. watch her be a no show. been talking to her for 2 days and dont have a time set yet. just tomorrow.

6. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Twist, you should come here and live . I could come by for lunch. hahaa my mom always told me men make better cooks but the mess they leave dont make it worthwhile. is that true?

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    say, what about a bed and breakfast?

8. rancher hicks

rancher hicks Chicken Obsessed

Feb 28, 2009
    Syracuse, NY
    stop

9. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    DH just went to check the mail.[​IMG] he needs the exercise been fussing half the day about my eggs not coming today.

10. campingshaws

campingshaws True BYC Addict Premium Member

Aug 9, 2014
    Southwest Louisiana

Super easy. Season ground beef with onion, garlic, parsley, salt, pepper, whatever. Add mixed veg. Layer in a pan (I use the disposable aluminum kind.) Add mashed potatoes, and top with cheese. Bake at 425 til cheese is melted and top is browned. It's a little work, but it's easy to make a huge batch to freeze, and throw in the oven later. I don't peel my potatoes, just chop and boil (big batch) or microwave bake (small batch) and mash with butter, milk, garlic, and parsley. It will MELT in you mouth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by