grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. She was the top hen so everyone respected her, even the young Orps, but you know how weird they get when they're broody. Could a peck really cause her death? Something about their skulls? She made it up 3 cinder block steps and a ramp by herself to get back to the nest. Was pretty thin though, which was why I made sure she ate.
how old was she? some silkies have a vaulted scull and they can be killed by a good blow to it but i would think if she was also thin it would of been something she was hiding. internal.

Sorry, granny. No change. I think it might just be a knick in the shell that I didn't notice before. Apparently we lost power in the night, but it must not have been long. The bator was still at temp this morning.

It's Day 20 right now, so I'm still jumping the gun a bit. Lockdown is the VERY WORST part of the whole thing.

Here's a pic of my boy and little pup to hold you over. :D

Oh my goodness, campingshaws! Who's cuter??!!
love.gif

how old was she? some silkies have a vaulted scull and they can be killed by a good blow to it but i would think if she was also thin it would of been something she was hiding. internal.
Not sure how old. She was adult when I got her. A hatchery bird from the person who bred my bantam cochins. She may have been 3 yrs or more. I think you're probably right about the internal problem.

prince because still a pup? I know which one is cuter. the one you want to pinch !

maybe the red on the aztec rooster is reflecting ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom