grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can inject under the skin. I had to do that. back of neck is good. safe guard is what i used last. I dont think they had worms though. I have heard chickens dont normally get tape worm so I would try the safe guard.

The antibiotics and wormers can disrupt the good bacteria in the gut. Some plain yogurt with active cultures really help if you don't have probiotics.

Valbazen will kill all types of worms, but I think it is hard to get except online.  People use SafeGuard goat wormer, which doesn't get tape worms, though.  Not sure about Ivermectin.  Wait for enola.  :)
My SIL has Ivermectin, should I see about using hers & how much would he get? Or should I try the safeguard goat wormer & what would be the dosage?

Are there any worms in his stool now? I know they can have worms without us seeing them, but if he isn't horribly infested, maybe it would be better to let him regain strength first. I'm not an expert at all, so maybe see what everyone else says.

I honestly dont know Lisa, If he lost all his weight in a week that would have to be a heavy infestation. have you seen any more? I did both but dont know if i should have or not. they had mites so i put the ivermectin under the wings in a bare spot. just a small pea sized amount then the safe guard. I cant find my book telling dose but if no one knows i will hunt it up.

Ivermectin only kills mites on chickens, not worms. Is he on antibiotics now? Is he eating or more importantly drinking?
Enola, They have to eat the ivermectin for the worms?? I know its not very good for worms . the worms have built a resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom