grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you ! have been doing some reading on the slipped tendon and how its corrected. scary stuff. been thinking of a hard cast. paper macha (sp) is glue and water, there is something in the craft isle for the chalky molds. plaster of paris ? I wonder if i would help or do more damage if i took a nerve pill, pulled the leg into place and gave it a hard cast ? I dont know if i have it in me or not. Probably not.

3 hrs. sleep last night. I know more then i ever wanted to about chicken feet and nothing about mine. no luck trying to set the tendon. so now i dont think thats what it is. something called twisted leg almost like wry neck. needs vit. D not sure where that should come from. I will take it out in the sun for a little bit but its under the heat lamp. yogurt maybe ? I dont know my vit. and i dont even think it was D it was B. (sigh)
he.gif

I'm sorry Granny, I am not much help. I usally go with what my gut says.

As I sat down in my car, I found a scary, kinda cute looking thing.
This thing

Don't worry she is not poisoness but is a jumping spider

barnie.gif
holy hello ! I tell you what kind she would of been if it had been me on my tuffet. Its ok watermelon, I am going to try and get some vitamins and just do PT on her see how that goes. good i am hoping. she will be mate to my rooster for full blooded swedish flowers I am hoping. could of got a healthy one for $15. didnt have it. I got her for a dollar.

I almost lost one of my 2 baby seramas from neglect.
sad.png
was messing with the new one and noticed it looked sleepy but didnt check it out. late last night it was the same so i picked it up and alarm bells went off. examining it i found dried poop covering the pooper shooter. so i started cleaning and a couple min. in it a turd the size of Texas came flying out. when i put it back it went straight for the food. Bad serama mama !

Glad you caught the poopy butt in time! Ours had problems with pasting too, and they were broody hatched and raised.

Hope your lame chicken gets well. Be careful using a hard cast if the animal is still growing. You can cause more problems if it's not changed frequently.

Hello all, Happy belated Mother's Day to all you special ladies. I hope everyone's day was great!

Mine was very busy after a exhausting 2 days of the grandkids. I know why I had my children when I was young lol. They are such a blessing, but my grandson is only 17 months old and is VERY busy. I just don't have the energy I used to or the pain-free body anymore. Today is suppose to be a day that I get so much accomplished after the weekend, yet I'm so sore & exhausted that I'm not managing that.

Became a new Mom yesterday, I had a few chicks hatch on Mothers Day and more are hatching today. Both under a broody & in the incubator. I have a question for those of you that have the experience with broody hens. Momma had 3 chicks that I knew of yesterday. I had to rescue 1 is the only reason I saw the 3. Today I added chick feed & a chick waterer. A few minutes later momma & 2 chicks were at the feed plate & 3 were still in the nest. As soon as I peeked in she went straight back to the nest. There are 3 more eggs in the nest. Do you think they stand a chance at hatching under momma or should I remove them, candle and place in the incubator if they are viable still? Its so exciting to have a broody that hatched babies. Looking forward to being able to see her interact with them. Right now she is in a dark broody cage with her nest & young ones. Tonight hubby will have to finish the cage. It still needs a exit door and a ramp for momma & babies to be able to get to the attached run. We just didn't want to disturb momma while she was broody & on eggs.

Best of luck with that chicks leg Granny sure hope the vitamins work.
My hen that prolapsed is doing good so far I had to take her to the vet after trying many days to fix her my self. The vet stitched it up and put some pieces of tubes to hold it in. I had to keep her in the house and clean her every time after potty and I was worried for the first few days she really strained to go but then I got a big scabby cheesey plug out and she started going easy. When a week went by I cut the tubes off and moved her outside she is looking good now. I gave her 4 eggs so she's sitting so won't lag for awhile. The true test will be when she lays that first egg.

my computer is a mess. 2 hrs to get on here. suzierd, wow ! I hope she gets ok. thats a lot for both of you to go through. Lisa, had grandkids too. way too much and the good news is they have lost the trailer they are living in. They held court 15 min. earlier then they said so they got there just as landlord was leaving . he gave them 2 days or their stuff will be set out. SIL appealed , judge called landlord and asked for 5 days. LL said no so judge overruled him and gave them til saturday. they had rent money in hand . Thank you for the info Watermellon . I still think someone is doing this to raise the price of chicken . Of course , i am naturally paranoid anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom