grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got stuck in a pretty good storm today. had to pull over and wait it out. closed the fair, hospital lost electric, few limbs down... Its never going to stop raining. gs talked me into letting my LF roam today. Flo wont come out. hahaaa

was trying to help jennypegs ? with identifying her chickens and i so suck at it. I got one of 3. LOL I think one is EE . even have one but dont remember. white, black spots , grey legs , longish tail ?

I just hatched another. the pip from this am. I helped because it was trying to hatch from a big circle instead of a zip line. It has a big mouth. I wonder if there would be some type of classes that could show me camera and computer ? Like a 2 week course or something. Thats probably how long i would need to shove it into my memory.

another round of bad storm heading this way. could loose electric they are saying . I hope not but to be prepared I wonder how many broody hens would it take to keep 14-15 serama chicks warm ? Think one silkie can do it ? she is still sitting a couple eggs but i can pop them over to a different broody

hen not granddaughter lol

so glad you cleared that up I confuse easily/quickly must be granny's age catching up with me
lau.gif

@twisted-acres-farm - did you notice it looking different when you received them? Did you receive the number you requested or was it perhaps an extra "packing peanut"? Were they shipped direct to you or did you pick them up from a retailer? Several ways a male could end up in the girls without it being an outright sexing error at the hatchery - especially given it's a sex link. Got a picture? How old are they? Not trying to step on your toes, but I have seen several folks misjudge a RSL as being male because they have so much more white marking than the other pullets in the bunch.

that could be I ordered 100 chicks. Did count by breed. They didn't send an extra golden coment. He is very white large comb and caught him both trying to crow and hop on another chick. They are April 29 hatch date will try to get nephew to take a pic for me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom