grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just in case someone thinks prostar cant read, I edited my 4 hrs. to 3.
gig.gif

My husband is illiterate. He had to take a verbal test for his drivers lic. when he was younger. He has a 3rd. grade education. (in school) He couldnt pass the test here . I truly think it was the accent here. They wouldnt let me ask the questions. He dont need to drive now anyway . My boy has no interest in driving. I started with Dick and Jane books with him and see spot run. he improved quite a bit but lost interest pretty fast. He can muddle through things like medicine directions and such now.

Oh man. Books were such a huge part of my life growing up especially, I couldn't imagine!

$43 at Home Depot later, we have hardware cloth (hubs protested, but he didn't see the nuggets trying to fit through the chicken wire I was using as a trellis for my beans so, my foot was down hardware cloth on the brooder!) and we have flooring, stick on tiles for easy cleanup, and a bunch of cheapie wood studs for framing.

Hubs protested. Something to use for a couple weeks then let it rot, and I told him no I'll put it in the container with your car stuff and keep it protected it'll be fine.

Apparently I'm allowed no more chickens. (I may still sneak another chick in though if I see a breed I covet)

me too loved my books. cant get my kid to read one. very sad. it was a great part of growing.. 2 more chicks today. I think thats 18 . they are so crowded. I am tempted to take them all to the bantam coop. tons of broodys out there for them to fight over. Probably lose half of them. I couldnt gather eggs again today because of the flooding. Poor chickens. I let them all out to roam. hoping it will dry a bit today. it is very hot out already. Ol mare said 105 with heat index. I fed them outside the coop too. My food can was opened this morning. coon i bet. about a gallon of corn missing .

My older boy finally has his learners permit for driving, but getting him to go drive is like pulling teeth. Make that elephant teeth! Unless the neighbors take pity on us and give him a ride, he will have a 6 mile walk to school. School bus would mean walking a mile to nearest stop for 6:45 pickup. Would not get home til close to 5 pm. My younger son is going to a different high school in a different town and has to have a ride. I get to be chauffeur. Oh boy. He has promised to get his license as soon as he turns 16.
smile.png

Prostar, we have a small chance of getting a few drops of your rain up here, but not until Monday. They are saying an el nino winter is coming, so hopefully the reservoirs get filled up and we can start taking showers again. Your husband might change his mind about you keeping more chickens once he tastes a fresh egg from chickens that have a healthy diet. Hard to go back to store bought once you taste the real deal. Eating breakfast out hold no joy anymore, because the egg dishes are always a disappointment, unless it is smothered in Hollandaise sauce!
tongue.png

My parents wouldn't even let me get my learners til I was almost 18.
(They were afraid I'd do something crazy with the cars I guess lol.)

I got married the day after i turned 17. then i learned how to drive. never did parallel park. At that time in Ga. woman didnt need to know. I told instructor i didnt know how , he said ok and passed me. Never did learn how.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom