grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I know how nasty COPD is, any cleaning I do is done when Mike is not here if it includes any kind of chemicals. If I want to use carpet fresheners, he can't be in the same room for hours. We found that out when we moved to this house, there was no carpet where we used to live. I can't wear perfume, can only use rub on deodorants, and bath soap is Kirk's Castile, otherwise Mike is allergic to me.

2. enola

I love the pictures of the fox. Great shot! We have them around here, thick as thrives! The neighbor boy picks them off one at a time by using an injured animal fox calling thingy. We also hear the occassional coyote call. I try to keep the cat indoors at night, but she is sneaky. But, my worst predators by far are neighbor dogs. I have removed most of them, but a few still come around at night.....

3. enola

AMEN! That is why Mike and I get on so well. He loves to cook, we used to cook together......

But, now he thinks I get in his way in the kitchen. I don't mind at all!!

4. enola

Granny, when I have extra eggs, I boil them and feed them back to the chickens. I carry the boiled eggs to the coop, drop them on the floor and step on them. Easy peedy!

Free protein!

5. enola

When Megan and I were building horse show jumps, I was looking for jump cups ( the thingies that hold the bars) on E-bay. I found a picture of my father mounted on a horse jumping a jump. I now own that picture. Talk about a find from the past!

6. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal

My girls are back on lock down. Have a neighbor that has five dogs...a husky, a mastiff, a shepherd/wolf, and two terriers. Well, the shepherd/wolf has a penchant for escape and enjoys roaming the neighborhood with the two terriers. We were good for a while, but yesterday I saw them roaming again.

Lockdown. Sorry girls, the shep is a known poultry killer.

(Five dogs...that I never see them working or anything...he tries to foist the shep off on people but oi.)

7. prostar

prostar Overrun With Chickens

Apr 23, 2015
    Sunny SoCal
    That is pretty cool granny and Enola :)

8. enola

It is so dry here that even though it is in the 70's here this morning, the weeds are still wilting. Thank God all of the fields around us are either grazed or mowed hay fields. A wild fire now would be devastating....

9. enola

Since the last "improvement" update on the site, I can't load pictures anymore either .

10. enola

I remember those days! I didn't cry when the first three went off to school, but I sure did when the last one did. I remember walking back to the house, the silence was DEAFENING!

Every time my kids come to visit, when they go home, the silence is DEAFENING again. Reminds me of that day everytime.

I missed yet another grandson's birthday party yesterday...... I live too far from my family !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by