grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
pretty cool pictures under casportponys name . the eggtopsy is good and the necropsy is too but i dont know what it what. I recognize some like the liver and I THINK those are eggs from inside not developed yet. My grandmother loved to eat those. fried i guess. Seems like a long day DD brought dinner over . was yummy. she cooked potatoes in with skinless sausage in chicken broth. oh and carrots. then made green beans and fresh tomatoes.

remember the rooster i cleaned ? I was looking around and seen a pic. that looked just like him and the hens. It was a black copper maran. Wonder how many chickens look like that. the little boy i got them from didnt seem to know what they were. Guess i will find out when one of them lays . still have 3 hens and 1 roo.

:lol:
If you are willing to drive a few hours or get it delivered, Happy chicks (google them) is licensed to sell dewormers, and I think Pear Tree Poultry is about to get licensed.

ETA : If she doesn't get better, I would also see a vet. Hope she gets better :fl

Thanks, she has come out this morning still quiet but has eaten and drank. Vet not an option for the chickens im afraid. wormers not hard to buy. I get them from the feed store place. BATA. You just have to give your name and address to make sure you are not poisoning anyone I think. Only 15 mins down road from me and on the way to the horse too so I can just call off for any wormers.

Had to Google the frizzle polish. They are adorable. They look like poodles. I want one.

I've just rehomed this one and I have to say I'm missing him ~

Are horse wormer hard to buy?

-Kathy

No just need to give your name and address. Although at one horsey horsey shop near me she gives you the 3rd degree about worming your horse like you are thick. I try to avoid her if I can. At our yard we are given a worming program for the year and we all stick to it. With egg counts done too.

Not positive, but I think you can also get Safeguard or Panacur for rabbits.

-Kathy

Think I have seen that too somewhere!!

@granny hatchet you could become my selling agent!!

Did Robert have any teeth out in the end or did they manage without removal? I've got to say Charlie has pretty big gaps now he has been able to open his mouth for me to have a good look in there :eek: I hope they know what they are doing and get the gaps filled. Going to be a long process, 2 years they have said.

What's everyone's plans for today?

I'm going to tackle the garage as it's a tip, I soon won't be able to get in if I add anymore stuff just through the door :th

We don't have a licensed poultry wormer here. I've also used verm -x a supposed natural wormer endorsed by vets over here. I may whop some more horse wormer down them. We have a friend who is a vet so I may pop her to see him all though he's not ofay in chickens. Even though his wife keeps them. I've spoke to him about worming with the horse wormer as I thought I had over dosed them and he says you would have to give them enormous amounts to cause any damage. Maybe I didn't give them enough.

Can't see any mites but I've been round with the DE earth again.

You could try flubenvet, it comes ready mixed in the feed or you can mix it yourself with some cooking oil to make it stick.

You might try giving her panacure for 5 days in a row, that will kill any worm that is known to get in chickens. I have seen the dose described as 'pea sized' for each bird.

I know a lady that rescues horses...... She had a nearly starved mare give birth to a foal. The mare was slowly gaining weight after being wormed. But, the goal just was not doing as good. The vet advised her to worm the foal, with just a small dosage. The foal struggled and caused the entire dose in the syringe to be administered. The vet told her not to worry, panacure was very safe it wild not hurt the foal.

There were no side affects.....
I was given panacur by vet for chickens.The dose was 1.35ml for a fat orpington.He said overdose was virtually impossible.They had tested 100 times the normal dose WHY with no ill effects.I put it on small squares of heavy grain bread.Panacur is similar to what they give to kids for threadworm.

pretty cool pictures under casportponys name . the eggtopsy is good and the necropsy is too but i dont know what it what. I recognize some like the liver and I THINK those are eggs from inside not developed yet. My grandmother loved to eat those. fried i guess. Seems like a long day DD brought dinner over . was yummy. she cooked potatoes in with skinless sausage in chicken broth. oh and carrots. then made green beans and fresh tomatoes.

granny you are very lucky..no one ever cooks for me..seems i cook for everyone else..dinner sounds great my kind of eating love it...

York, they did not take the teeth out . they also mentioned breaking his jaw to move it forward as he had an under bite. That was also a big no. Although there are a few i would like to see that surgery on (they wire your jaw shut for a yr.) my son was not one of them. His hairy chin hides the jaw line and he eats just fine. His smile is beautiful . no cavity's yet and it seems like he dont brush very often. Dentist told him he needed to brush more often. He told dentist "If i do it would put you out of a job." I about sunk through the floor. dentist had the funnest look of shock on his face then busted out laughing. he said, "I wouldnt mind losing my job to healthy teeth. " . He has always been like that. (sigh)..

Danna, I love it ! She cooked every day when she was here. I dont know where she learned to cook from but she is a good cook. very slow though. LOL I guarantee she wants something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom