grannys gone and done it

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by granny hatchet, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. granny hatchet

granny hatchet Tastes like chicken Premium Member

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    yes, he does but when he turned 18 they dropped him and we had to reapply for it as a disabled adult and get a lawyer. took a little bit . not really remembering how long. 6 months maybe.

2. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Not 18 he was 19 and some change. It was when he finished school.

soup was really good flavor but the noodles sucked. Had DD pick them up for me and they are the wide ,thick ones. tasted like dough to me.

3. napdognewfie

napdognewfie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I know I shouldn't but I'm going to look at some polish chicks. :)

4. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    :goodpost: What colour?

5. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    Won't know until I get there. The pictures at SS have lots of colors. She shows them & is a AI tester. $5 each so a good price. She might have a buff silkie pullet but I don't think she has the cream legbars I am jonesing for. Lol

6. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

I have Legbars - 3 hens. They are very sweet hens, get along in the flock real well, don't eat a lot, but lay almost every day. Green eggs though, not blue like I was told they would. Well, one of them lays a bluish one.

7. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    I cant even get a green egg layer. when I did buy one it is a rooster. He is very pretty but i will probably put him in the freezer.
    Just told person no on the seramas. I have been sitting out there looking for a long time and i just cant bring myself to give them up. One of the roosters has the squeaker gene. probably good for those not allowed roosters. Its like a loud screen door closing. eeeek. LOL
    GS put the bigger hens and the polish rooster in the big girls coop. the polish are freaking out . Panting and running til they cant run any more. Both of them hen and roo are doing it. the other new ones dont act like that. still have 3 roosters too many.

8. enola

enola Overrun With Chickens

Granny if you are hatching eggs, if your Easter egger rooster is the daddy, you will hatch green egg layers.

Do you still have the Legbar rooster?

9. napdognewfie

Aug 24, 2014
    western MD
    I got 3 polish & 3 silkies. DH is going to a car show.

10. granny hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    EE hasnt started crowing yet and is in the bantam coop. the legbar went bye bye long time ago. I kept one of his offspring and I am seeing rooster in him as well. very funky chicken, legbar/phoenix cross. I didnt know i had a phoenix hen but i guess i did. looks just like daddy except for that tail. well, I did know i had one but i couldnt tell it apart from a different one i had and one died. thought it was the phoenix but must not of been.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by