grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the smoked herring. I don't think I've tried pickled... I like sardines in mustard or hot sauce. And I like the lemon dill or sweet and spicy tunas. Or plain tuna. Basically I just love fish. Any sushi or sashimi fans? We found a place with a happy hour once, and we ordered sushi by the piece (instead of a roll). I ate SO MUCH that I could barely walk out of the restaurant. It was excellent.
greensmilies-012.gif
Me! I love sushi! My favorite is a sushi boat restaurant. There are little floating boats hooked together in a huge loop that go round and round in a water channel. Customers sit around the outside, kind of like a bar situation, and the sushi is prepared in the center area and set out on the boats. You just grab whatever looks good as it passes by. Prices are set by the color/pattern of the dish it's on. Great way to try new things, since there's only 1-3 pieces on a plate. Mmm.
That sounds AMAZING. We tried to make our own... First time I didn't use the nori sheets. I got it all layered and rolled up, but couldn't cut it. So it turned into a big pile of sushi rice (with the sugar and rice vinegar) and avocado and cream cheese that we ate with our fingers. We had also been partaking of adult beverages. It was a hilarious evening. ;)

lutefisk is great/wonderful if you get some good stuff to start with and the its cooked right. I do mine in the microwave. After soaking it in water and changing the water multiple times for about 24 hours.

My Grandmother always said you couldn't trust a swede as they use to much all spice.
lau.gif
She was 1/2 dane and 1/2 norske
You and Tippy be careful here, I'm Finnish and Swede.

you mean ambrosia???  with  madarine oranges and pineapple and coconut  

fresh apples, bananas, grapes, canned fruit cocktail, pineapple, everything hunked. mix coolwhip and cream cheese til smooth then fold them in. can add oranges for deco.
I make a similar fruit salad for Thanksgiving & Christmas. Mine doesn't have the cream cheese though. My grandma made it every holiday, so I carried it on. My kids & grandkids love it. Super easy, a large can of fruit cocktail, a can of manderine oranges, a can of pineapple tidbits, grapes sliced in half & sliced bananas. Drain all canned fruit overnight, slice grapes & bananas (cut & add just before serving.) Stir in large container of Coolwhip, ready to serve.

Quote:
Yup. Agree with Twist too, like when neutered male cats have a tiny little head in a big body. Looks top heavy!

My first dog when I was out on my own came into heat at 4 months. I had just made an appointment to have her spayed the following week. Had to go over to a coworker's house and brought Lucy with me. His dogs seemed to like her fine, so left them alone in the yard for about 3 minutes. Came back out to find them literally stuck together!
barnie.gif
I never thought for a minute that he didn't have his dog neutered.
roll.png
Glad I had already made the appointment!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom