grannys gone and done it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kind of did.
hide.gif
I think a lady is coming for two of them right now.
WooHoo -- that's great, maybe you can talk her into a few more.....

Regretting that hubs hasn't allowed me to fire the realtor. Dude is making me headeskius Maximus.

Computer at work is acting demon possessed again. Fantastic when I'm trying to input the workers time so they can get paid!!!

I get that it's his friend, but there comes a time, especially when dealing with something as major as buying a house, that that becomes secondary -- maybe it would help if he were to consider that as much as he might think it's "being a good friend" to keep this guy, the guy is not being a good friend by giving such crappy service......

OH and its Snowing and raining both
barnie.gif
supposed to be back in 60's by Friday.

Gotta love that weather!

One for the road!
LOVE IT!!!!!!!

vet with PTSD they put him up here until the could get him into an apartment. 45 nights
In their defense, and knowing full well how crappy it is to be on your end of this, a lot of times the funding for this sort of thing comes from grants, etc that function on more of a 're-imbursement' or "post-expenditure" sort of process so that they have to "claim" the money and wait to receive it before they can turn around and disburse it to you, the vendor. It can be a long and FRUSTRATING process for all involved.

hit.gif
I'm all alooooooooooooone!

Love your giant spider. We try not to kill spiders either, but Henry cat hunts them mercilessly. Guess it ok... less webs to clean up.

Sheldon LOVES a good 'pider hunt -- puts up a huge fit when they are up on the walls/at the ceiling where he can see them but not reach them.
Hi! I was over reading the latest VIP interview. How are things? Kids at school, I hope.
smile.png

Are you going to be doing more craft fairs? With Christmas and the holidays coming up, you could tweak your painted bottle vases with autumn colors or Christmas themes. Was impressed that you sold so much and was thinking you could cut costs by not including the silk flowers in the sales (display only), or customers could pay a dollar more to include them.
Absolutely - 'tis the season of holiday bazaars, I've spent the last few days ferreting out information on the upcoming local ones so I can go find some neat, crafty gifts.

Awwww, he's cute. I have one that's been living under the sill of my kitchen window (on the inside) for the last couple of weeks - been calling him George. Not usually a fan of them inside the house (fascinated by them outside, though) but this little guy is on the do not kill/do not disturb list and everyone, DH, DS and the cat, has been informed of that.

Because they get used to the sound ?

I have to go to CVS today and looks like I am going alone as I am getting the silent treatment for a change and I dont want to break that. hahahaa
Something must be wrong. He never acted like this before.

Had to giggle at that - there have been times DH has given me the silent treatment......like it's some sort of punishment
gig.gif
That aside, though, I am so sorry you guys are dealing with this right now - and I do hope that you are able to get to the bottom of it soon, and that it is nothing too serious, so you can get your old Tom back.
I wanna go to a farm today.. Devins off, gonna see if he's up for a country drive. Suppose to be no rain today and the sky seemed clear when I was outside.

You could always drive to Oregon........
wink.png
Turned out to be a beautiful day today, almost warm even ........
Like lady bugs but not.

Like horrible, stinking, biting, inbred cousins of the lady bug -- that come in HORDES and cover EVERYTHING and fly into your face, up your nose, etc if you dare step outside.......

Maybe time for a check up? Personality change like this can be caused by medical problems.
X 2 - something seems amiss

Morning all. Stopping in for hugs and to see dannas hatch. Got to get kids up. Be back soon.

hugs.gif
hugs.gif
hugs.gif
and more
hugs.gif

SQUEEEEEE!!!!!! Congrats, congrats, congrats!!!!!

LOL Silent treatment, wish I could figure what brought it on so I could duplicate it. guess what he got for dinner , ramen noodles. from CB . and he actually made himself a bologna sandwich earlier today. He was polite today after his little hissy this am.

I keep forgetting to talk about the crafts. I caught the florals 50% off at Michael's and only spent $28 on them. :yesss: I still have almost two full bouquets left.

I think the twine was the most expensive thing I used. The hemp was $8-9 a roll and I used two of them. I have lots of bits and pieces left for other projects. I spent $70 in paint and ropes. I still have an unopened ball of jute and several cans of paint left. And I've got lots of bottles. SO here's a breakdown of the trays and hanging jars:

Trays: $30
- boards: reclaimed from yard.
- handles: $2 each.
- sealant: $4, used about $1s worth.

Hanging jars: $12
- jar: reclaimed from spaghetti sauce
- paint: 67¢ ($4 a can, painted 6 jars)
- hemp: $3 (but less because of the extra).
- florals: $1 or less.

Farm Sweet Farm: $25 (did not sell)
- board: reclaimed from yard
- jar: reclaimed from juice
- rope: $4-5, used maybe a third
- paint: negligible. I painted the bottle by dripping about two teaspoons of paint inside and rolling it around. For the words I dipped a q-tip on on the paint lid. Both colors were "oops" mistints, $2.50 a quart.

I still have 1 wrapped jar, 1 hanging bottle, and 6 or so wrapped bottles left. I didn't add my time into pricing because that just doesn't make sense to me. I know time is valuable, but honestly it got me outside and off the sofa, so that's worth it for me. I tried to price by thinking "what would I pay?" and then doubling it or more.

All of that to say my costs were relative low. :lol:

I keep forgetting to talk about the crafts. I caught the florals 50% off at Michael's and only spent $28 on them. :yesss: I still have almost two full bouquets left.

I think the twine was the most expensive thing I used. The hemp was $8-9 a roll and I used two of them. I have lots of bits and pieces left for other projects. I spent $70 in paint and ropes. I still have an unopened ball of jute and several cans of paint left. And I've got lots of bottles. SO here's a breakdown of the trays and hanging jars:

Trays: $30
- boards: reclaimed from yard.
- handles: $2 each.
- sealant: $4, used about $1s worth.

Hanging jars: $12
- jar: reclaimed from spaghetti sauce
- paint: 67¢ ($4 a can, painted 6 jars)
- hemp: $3 (but less because of the extra).

Farm Sweet Farm: $25 (did not sell)
- board: reclaimed from yard
- jar: reclaimed from juice
- rope: $4-5, used maybe a third
- paint: negligible. I painted the bottle by dripping about two teaspoons of paint inside and rolling it around. For the words I dipped a q-tip on on the paint lid. Both colors were "oops" mistints, $2.50 a quart.

I still have 1 wrapped jar, 1 hanging bottle, and 6 or so wrapped bottles left. I didn't add my time into pricing because that just doesn't make sense to me. I know time is valuable, but honestly it got me outside and off the sofa, so that's worth it for me. I tried to price by thinking "what would I pay?" and then doubling it or more.

All of that to say my costs were relative low. :lol:

Lol I like your thinking. You had fun doing it so that sounds like good pricing!

So..... Did a little shopping with Devin. Dinner stuff.... Then got two giant snails for the tank. Sister came over out of the blue but it was pleasant and nice. Got stuff to make a house on wheels for my lone tortoise and brought her inside with a reptile lamp.. Gonna have to find her a spot in the garage.. I just know she probably won't service our winters here.
Wednesday to Thursday night is suppose to be a huge storm. Wind and flooding and falling trees so tomorrow Devin and I are gonna pick up some stuff.. Flashlights and stuff.... And make a dump trip. Didn't get to do anything I wanted but did things that were necessary. Glad Lui is safe and inside before the storm hits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom