Hey @Raptorchick ...how is RaptorRoo doin'?
He's doing fantastic! His tail finally came in, he's super handsome, I'll get a pic up here by tomorrow :) Hes still the sweetest guy. My bantam roo maintains the kingdom, so Raptor takes second command. Hes crowing and doing his boy thing, but his balance is still off a bit. He actually has a limp, and walks/runs with a slight hop, I think it's because of his phantom limb ? I've fully checked him over, many times lol, theres definitely no underlying problems, he just hops a bit. He also doesn't roost, prefers sleeping with feet on the floor, and a couple girls always sleep with him, its quite cute. Thanks for asking :) I still swear by medihoney, I share it with everyone I know, chickens or not lols

Here he is, Mr.gentleroo:love
I tried to get a decent pic of the nub, but his feathers cover it now lol :))
20181013_114221.jpg

20181013_114614.jpg

I hoped for sooo long that he was a girl, reading back over this thread makes me giggle :gigWe super owe you guys, I cant thank you enough for all your help :bow:hugs

Attachments

• 20181013_114600.jpg
    20181013_114600.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 13
Sweet!!
No wing cover or 'treatments' needed any longer?

Not sure about his 'get along' gimping....does he favor left foot?
The vetericyn and blukote was put away about a month ago, I'm not sure the sprays did a whole lot except give me peace of mind lol. The blukote was mostly to stop him from pecking himself, but it seemed to bother him more when I used it, when I stopped spraying it he no longer picked at it.
And yes, it's his left side that he 'favors'. Hes always had it, but I thought maybe hed grow out of it once the wing healed, or maybe hes still learning how to balance? His legs are quite strong tho, he can hop to things over his head. Hes just a bit gimpy :)

Back
Top Bottom