Grass clipping for young chicks

valison

In the Brooder
Feb 3, 2019
I have 8 week old chicks and getting ready to mow my grass for the first time. They have never had anything but starter/grower to eat? Can I give them some of the grass clippings and do I need to also get them grit to go with it?

Mine love grass, leaves, dandelion, etc. My question is can it still be clippings from a mower. I know other animals they warn not to feed from mowers due to possible oil, gas leakage on them.

Mine love grass, leaves, dandelion, etc. My question is can it still be clippings from a mower. I know other animals they warn not to feed from mowers due to possible oil, gas leakage on them.

I think it should be ok as long as the mower is in good condition, though I understand the concern. I use an electric mower so no gas leakage.

Thanks for the comments We have been so busy trying to get their coop built that we haven't mowed yet this spring and the grass is knee high in places and is seeding. I'll have to take a weed eater to it in places and was think that is what I would give them.

Back
Top Bottom