Grazing Frame - Fodder Table Box - Continuously Grow Fodder & Seedlings & Sprouts For Chickens

Pics
Dang mole already found my seed and is tunneling through it. Hopefully plenty will still come up despite my late planting. It’s been pretty mild and in the 70’s the last few days in the afternoon.
Oh, no! I need to remember that when I build mine. Some years we have very bad vole problems, but I tend to forget that we have voles during years when they are not as abundant.

Deer Food Plot Mix is

1F9D0326-1E70-414C-A924-E86723F11CBC.jpeg

281BE341-8526-434E-BD1E-054302647FC8.jpeg

I put the topsoil on too thick and when I got home from work after being gone two days the potting mix was nearly touching the wire...I started combing off the top inch of soil that was free floating on a super thick mat of rye grass and deer plot mix. I scraped off fifteen gallons of it and revealed the fodder underneath! It should go nuts tomorrow when it gets some sunshine.

I'm officially jealous. I'm in Zone 7. Central Arkansas. Grass is dormant here and I don't have any winter grass growing. I'd love to plant some rye grass for my 35 chickens and 2 goats but I can't seem to keep the chickens out of the seed long enough to let it sprout. I tried to fence it off and they just flew over the fence. This frame idea will probably be a good solution!

I'm thinking of making at least (3) 4'x8' frames so I can spread them out enough to keep the dominant chickens from hogging it all for themselves...

Back
Top Bottom