Great danes and the flock

Quote:
hi..i just want to be specific here...*and i am sure you know this already*..but...for bloat...if you think he is in full bloat..or really advanced....of course go right to the vet....BUT..if he just seems gassy...and a "little" off..then thats when i use it....for my guy..he is about 140-150# so..i gave him 4 chew tabs...that was the night we went to the vet...he ended up being very lucky the vet said...and that he still did have gas in him *they took an x-ray* but that he hadnt torisned(sp?)...and she knew i didnt have thousands to spend to keep him overnight for obversation....so...i took him home and stopped at walgreens and picked up the Gas-X and gave it to him.... and he was fine that night and totally better in the a.m., and the other night....i thought he was bloating again...trying to vomit..nothing coming up...whining..restless....so..i was getting ready to go to the vets again....and he vomited up a puppy pad...so then we realized he had gotten in the trash..and ate a puppy pad and a plastic bag that the pad was in....and he finally got it all up..BUT..during his vomiting..he kept gulping in alot of air...and i could tell he was full of gas again...so..i gave him 3 Gas-x that time....he eventually setteled down..and was fine...i really think that it does help break up the gas bubbles before they get to bad...and lead into full blown bloat..but..i am no vet...lol..so....its just MY opinion...take it with a grain of salt...;o)

is mine just a freak. for his size. and i never have seen another blue gray.
20950_getattachment.jpeg

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I know to take him to the vet if it's moving toward anything close to full blown bloat. The night we had a scare - I was on the phone with the vet and it was she who told me about the Gas-x. I had not heard of using it before and was glad to hear you heard the same and curious about the results. Thanks for the information - I appreciate it. I may just get some to have on hand. I swear, the older he gets, the gasier he gets, too.

I'll tell you - I *love* Danes but I'm not sure I would do it again. (I say that now ...)

mine is VERY good with children also!..he came from a house with 6 kids....the owners went through a divorce....him and his brother spent alot of their lives in her basement in a kennel with filthy pee/poo bedding!..*i could not even wash it..it was so bad!* when he came to us..he was so lost...Danes really are so sensitive!..he cried and cried for that lady and her kids!..he kept going to the door where he last saw her leave from....UGH!..it still makes me wanna bawl!..but..he is very happy now...*when he first came to us he was just unsure of himself..and had to learn his place in our family..thats why he tried us..* all this dog wants is love...and he still has seperation anxiety from being left in a basement all day long....yet..has a heart the size of Texas....
love.gif

Quote:
Oh, believe me, I know to take him to the vet if it's moving toward anything close to full blown bloat. The night we had a scare - I was on the phone with the vet and it was she who told me about the Gas-x. I had not heard of using it before and was glad to hear you heard the same and curious about the results. Thanks for the information - I appreciate it. I may just get some to have on hand. I swear, the older he gets, the gasier he gets, too.

I'll tell you - I *love* Danes but I'm not sure I would do it again. (I say that now ...)

i know what you mean!....for BIG dogs,they are almost fragile in health....its sad really....but, you cant beat their heart...;o)

i post all that about mine, but he is about the same way, we got our s as a pup, and i don think he could adjust to just any family (es in the city)as he has all the room to roam he needs

Quote:
yeah!....i had never seen how much it ACTUALLY hurt the dogs before!......he kept whining and going to the door where she left from...and then come back to me and whine....and go back to the door (he did this for days..not just one night...)...i SWEAR that dog was telling me he wanted his mom...because why would he go to the SAME door she left through!??....it really WAS sad for me...i know it made a BIG differance in me....i know i could never get rid of one of my dogs now....because i saw first hand how they miss their owners....
hit.gif
.....and your dog IS good with the kids!!...it would kill him, if you gave him away....i'm telling ya...just try to figure something else out for him...as long as he has been a good dog to your kids and family..he deserves for you to keep him....
smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom