great, now Alabama is involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish all states would pass laws like this and then enforce them. I have been at the local social service building they have people who help illegals get food stamps, cash and medical while hard working citizens can't because we are not illegal it does not make any sense to me.

Quote:
They should be sent back. Who cares if they have never even seen Mexico much less learned the language. Who cares if they are straight A students and could actually help to improve our country? Gee whiz people. Get some humanity.

Immigrants that are already here need to be integrated into our society. They need to discourage illegal immigration by eliminating the job opportunities. Fine the employers and put them in jail. Building a wall is a ridiculous idea. We're not talking about 100 miles. I believe it's around 1100 miles. We don't want to spend billions on health care but we want to spend billions on a wall to keep people out. Don't build that wall too high. You may want to be climbing it to go south in about 30 years.

In 30 years our countries will be merged at this rate......
hmm.png

I don't think the corrupt government of Mexico would be interested. They are getting too rich off their people. They don't need the US taking a cut.

Quote:
Thank you. Americans could learn a lot from the work ethic of those illegals.

More Americans could show off their work ethics if there were more jobs available.

I work for the government and have a first hand look at this situation in more ways than one. My children are half ILLEGAL Mexican. I did not intend to fall in love with or marry an illegal. I didn't ask for his Visa when we dated.

Anyone applying for WIC is assessed on the anticipated legal resident in utero. WIC is given to women that are pregnant/breastfeeding and to infants. You are assessed by your resources. Yes that means how much money comes into your household. Do people lie? Of course they do but that isn't limited by race.

Families First and Food Stamps- they do have new names but it is the same program- you must prove you are a legal resident to get the assistance.

Does our government have problems? Of course it does. Our immigration system much like our economy is broken. Nothing will be repaired by making a wall bigger, longer, or thicker. I have heard of several that want it electrified. Maybe we should make them wear shock collars so they get zapped if they even get close.

What about sterilization of those on disability, food stamps, WIC or any type of assistance.... it would only be right, right? We are paying for them too but you don't want to pay for any extras so don't let them have children. Maybe we should institute IQ testing and let's euthanize all the dumb kids. Aren't you glad that wasn't a law when you were a kid?

Taking your jobs...really how many of you want to pick lettuce? Mow yards in 102o heat? Eviscerate chickens?

The "Mexicans" are just everywhere like a d&^m plague. Of course only a percentage are actually mexican but don't let that stop you from throwing stones or name calling. What do you think Little Italy or China Town are--- tourist attractions? "Little Mexico" exists just like the others... Don't just think it is hispanics...be sure you throw in the asians, indians (and not the native american ones), arabs, etc, etc.

Well you got married so your husband isn't illegal! That is not how it works anymore. Immigration is a long ugly nightmare whether you start it by the books or not. It is expensive and you can be denied at any time. Everyday you live your life one day at a time. You can't count on a future with your husband and the father of your children. If he is deported, I don't make enough to pay all the bills by myself. I will have to ask for assistance...ironic isn't it.

I stay torn over this issue. On one hand, I resent that my tax dollars are going to support and educate people who aren't even citizens. But on the other hand, I feel that the majority of these people are just so desperate to have a better life for their families; they do make me think of how Americans used to be regarding work ethic...back in my grandpa's early days, when a job was a job and you took it to feed your family...before the days of haggling over medical and vacation days benefits. There are LOTS of jobs in my area -low paying jobs to be sure - but lots of jobs. Most citizens here won't take them - they get more in unemployment, or they don't want to lower themselves...whatever. Wouldn't it be better to have these jobs filled by someone???

Good post Emma.
You are very correct. I dont see too many people jumping to take the jobs that alot of these illegals work at. Most I grew up with worked at dairies in Central Texas, they were recruited to come work on those farms because no "native" persons would take those jobs of milking three times a day, working their butt off all day long......as bad as that job was it was a better job and opportunity than anything that existed in Mexico.

I am torn on this issue as well

I dearly love my husband but did he do things right...no

Does there have to be some penalty...yes

Does that have to be that our family gets torn apart....I hope not

Do I like having my tax dollars abused and misused...absolutely not

Is it just illegals that take advantage of "our system"....no

Was I treated with anything less than respect while staying in Mexico...no

Do I get ugly looks and nasty comments (in front of my children) by "white" people at WalMart....unfortunately yes

Best answer to illegal immigration...none

Suggestion....mandatory military service

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom