great, now Alabama is involved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma, you would be surprised at the number of illegals that are already actually serving in our military. There are a whole lot more than you or anyone else would think.......

Actually I am not surprised but when my husband thought to serve (My Dad is retired Navy-30 years) no branch would take him if he was honest about his immigration status. Seriously tried every branch...

Back in the day, this was an option to become a citizen.

I am a wild and crazy woman but I believe everyone should have to do some type of service for the benefit of living here. Mandatory service would put a new perspective on the sacrifice others make to give us the freedom to point fingers and complain/whine.

There has to be a solution besides just deporting people and breaking up families. I agree that a large percentage of Americans would not do what these people do for 10.00 an hour. The immigration laws need to be changed and enforced but the genie is out of the bottle and you can't put it back in. All they can do is try to stop the flow through humane means and try to persuade the Mexican government to give a little help on their end. Most of them are good people. Not the criminals that some politicians and pundits make them out to be.

Quote:
What an idiotic position to take that native Americans, Americans with generations of ancestors who've fought for and are buried on this soil should leave. If you were born here, of legal immigrant parents, you are a native American despite that politically correct term for the aboriginal people of North America.

And oh, by the way, we as a country cannot afford to absorb the millions who are here illegally. The last time I checked, we are a nation of laws.

Ok. I have not read a single post so if I repeat I apologize. I do not agree with illegals in this country benefitting from government benefits, free health care, etc. However, those that work with a fake or stolen SS# are paying into a system that they can never collect from and no matter how much ALL of us hate them being here, that is actually helping. To that point, many ARE fake, and why does no one ever notice? I mean state and federal quarterly returns are filed. Does no one check this? Apparently not.

These people are willing to do jobs most Americans are not willing to do, and would most likely continue to do them if they were naturalized. What I don't understand is WHY they never bother with the process???? Seriously, if you want to be here THAT bad, take the danged test people! It really isn't that hard.

I support border efforts, as I have seen the amount of filth that is left behind. How do people live like that?

I also HIGHLY disagree with CA's latest stance on education. If you are here illegally and attend high school for 3 years you do not have to pay a non-state citizen tuition. You get the citizen rate. How can they offer that when they are here illegally? Baffles the mind, I tell ya. So some American citizen from any state in this union has to pay higher tuition but an illegal doesn't?

rant.gif

Currently I would say over half of the illegals I know have self-deported.

The dollar is dropping daily and the peso is worth more.

Once the peso gains more on the dollar, it won't be an advantage to leave all you know, cross into a country that doesn't want but will use you, pay an outrageous sum to be smuggled over, work at a job that an "American" wouldn't do, for less money because you are scared, try and learn a language but have no one to really use it on because you are too scared to go outside of your "comfort zone" of little mexico, haiti, guatemala, etc, be stereotyped as a worthless scum sucking drain on society because they look foreign (what about those that aren't illegal but look foreign?).

I live in TN. Been here most of my life. Contrary to popular belief in regards to Tennesseans, I am educated, world traveled, don't ride a mule, am not pregnant (actually waited until I was 26 to breed), and usually wear my shoes.

If people would stop looking at the mass of humanity and try to see the individuals within it, this would be a better world to live in. Try some tolerance people and educating yourself on the facts on both sides would be a novel change.

Quote:
What an idiotic position to take that native Americans, Americans with generations of ancestors who've fought for and are buried on this soil should leave. If you were born here, of legal immigrant parents, you are a native American despite that politically correct term for the aboriginal people of North America.

And oh, by the way, we as a country cannot afford to absorb the millions who are here illegally. The last time I checked, we are a nation of laws.

Last time I checked we are a nation of immigrants.

Quote:
They should be sent back. Who cares if they have never even seen Mexico much less learned the language. Who cares if they are straight A students and could actually help to improve our country? Gee whiz people. Get some humanity.

Immigrants that are already here need to be integrated into our society. They need to discourage illegal immigration by eliminating the job opportunities. Fine the employers and put them in jail. Building a wall is a ridiculous idea. We're not talking about 100 miles. I believe it's around 1100 miles. We don't want to spend billions on health care but we want to spend billions on a wall to keep people out. Don't build that wall too high. You may want to be climbing it to go south in about 30 years.

In 30 years our countries will be merged at this rate......
hmm.png

and? when the Irish were coming in droves people feared their culture merging with the English protestant culture here in the US. The same fear came with the wave of Asian immigrants that came.

Even if we stop illegal immigration Hispanic culture will have a huge affect on us, but it won't be burning buildings or the end of us. it will just be another change to our ever changing american people who is already a mish mash pf cultures.

And don't forget we get a lot of illegal immigrants from Canada too. But people are more worried about the immigrants from down south. Is it because Canadian culture is so much like american culture? or is it because of skin color or a mix?

Quote:

Last time I checked we are a nation of immigrants.

People want to forget that part.

I'm ethnic sicialian with blond children. I can not count how many times people assume i'm my children's "mexican nanny", and act like jerks accordingly. Somehow it's always the paler people who do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom