Jordan01

Chirping
Jun 28, 2018
Newfoundland
20180722_114017.jpg
Hi! I figured I'd share the recipe for my chickens favorite treats! I call them chicken cakes and they go crazy for them. They're really good for rewards when training, getting them used to your call, or just for happy chickens
So I don't use exact measurements but the main base is flour and water with a bit of baking powder and oil to get a almost cake batter or bread dough consistency. Then its time for the fun bit, adding things your chickens love! You can get really creative and mix it up. I usually add their feed, seed, nuts, dried berries, crushed egg shells (for calcium), and even crushed chips. Whatever you have on hand is good! Personally to bake I use a vintage easy bake oven and the pans that comes with, cause the real oven makes the house too hot in the summer. You can use the oven or toaster oven. If you don't have small pans you could use a muffin tin. Store the cakes in a baggy in the fridge so they last longer, I have two chickens and I usually give them half a cake to share and they love it! If you try this let me know how it goes and how your chickens liked them

View attachment 1477555 Hi! I figured I'd share the recipe for my chickens favorite treats! I call them chicken cakes and they go crazy for them. They're really good for rewards when training, getting them used to your call, or just for happy chickens
So I don't use exact measurements but the main base is flour and water with a bit of baking powder and oil to get a almost cake batter or bread dough consistency. Then its time for the fun bit, adding things your chickens love! You can get really creative and mix it up. I usually add their feed, seed, nuts, dried berries, crushed egg shells (for calcium), and even crushed chips. Whatever you have on hand is good! Personally to bake I use a vintage easy bake oven and the pans that comes with, cause the real oven makes the house too hot in the summer. You can use the oven or toaster oven. If you don't have small pans you could use a muffin tin. Store the cakes in a baggy in the fridge so they last longer, I have two chickens and I usually give them half a cake to share and they love it! If you try this let me know how it goes and how your chickens liked them
What oil do you use?

Back
Top Bottom