GREAT Work Greeters!

I know there is a section for introductions and greeting. I do. Really. I've actually posted some welcomes there. But I find I'll usually "meet" someone in a panic saying "Help, I'm brand new at this and I don't know what I'm doing!" They're looking for answers and probably got sent here from google. They don't start at introductions cuz they're not ready for tea and a tour. I help if I can or try to "call" in someone who can. Then, when I've done something to ease their minds, reassuring them that someone, everyone, will help if they can, then I stick out my virtual hand and say something like "BTW, welcome to BYC! Glad to have you join us. Ask all the questions you want!" So my greetings don't get counted and that's ok. When that person finally goes to the introduction part that's when I feel like they have finally actually joined. And there they meet all you wonderful and knowledgeable people and you give them their welcome packet with all the instructions for getting around this huge facility and how to make the most of their visits. Well done!!

Man, I love this place!:love

Hey all!

I just took a look at our new member intro section and sorted it by when the threads were started:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/new-member-introductions.44/?order=post_date&direction=desc

I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing every single new member being welcomed with so much friendliness and support!!!

Our amazing Greeters have their work cut out for them! We've seen a HUGE spike in new signups... numbers we haven't seen in years! (I'm sure they could probably use some additional help greeting ;) )

So, a huge :thumbsup to everyone that greets new members, especially those that write a unique / custom message!

This is SUPER interesting...

I joined a friend's forum an hour ago, and I'm still seeing this:

1601159125599.png

Almost an HOUR just waiting for my first "introduction" post to be approved!?!?

In that amount of time, I probably would have had 10 "Hi, welcome to BYC posts!" ;)

I wonder how often people get discouraged in a situation like that where their very first experience is having to wait forever to just get their post approved?!?!

I'm glad we don't have to manually approve new posts to BYC and that we have so many excellent greeters welcoming peeps immediately when they join!!

:thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom