Green eyed bantams

The chicks are currently enjoying a spot of sun tanning and foraging in the big banana clump. We have had a lot of rain and a lot more expected so the sun is welcomed this afternoon
IMG-20201216-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20201216-WA0011.jpeg

IMG-20201216-WA0014.jpg

The chick below is iridescent blue black.. no signs of being a roo yet so I'm hoping she's a pullet. Am I supposed to say they are a pullet? I never know what's pc anymore 🤔😅
IMG-20201216-WA0018.jpg

IMG-20201216-WA0019.jpeg
IMG-20201216-WA0023.jpg

IMG-20201216-WA0025.jpg

My feather footed Sulmtalers (said zulmdaler) are not impressed with me trying to score shots of them😆
Ziggy
IMG-20201216-WA0026.jpeg

Zoe👇... Zara wasn't having a bar of it.. gone😅
IMG-20201216-WA0029.jpeg

no signs of being a roo yet so I'm hoping she's a pullet. Am I supposed to say they are a pullet?
Yes. Any female chickens under a year old are called pullets. I don't know what other uses it has in different contexts, but you're good, because it is the correct term in an appropriate setting. :)
The only cockerel (male chicken under a year old) I see in the pictures provided is in this picture. It's the one standing up. The rest look like pullets.
1608124460521.png

Yes. Any female chickens under a year old are called pullets. I don't know what other uses it has in different contexts, but you're good, because it is the correct term in an appropriate setting. :)
The only cockerel (male chicken under a year old) I see in the pictures provided is in this picture. It's the one standing up. The rest look like pullets.
View attachment 2451431
Thanks 😎 I'm pretty sure there is another cockerel, one with a black head.. don't think he made these shots tho. This one standing up was attacked by another mamma hen when he was a few days old. Had a broken leg, broken toe, and no skin on his back. Poor baby. I couldn't cull as he was such a fighter. I made a splint with plastic tubing and strips of rubber from a balloon. He was able to have the contraption removed 4 days later and his recovery has been remarkable. At one point I thought he was going to have a big bare patch on his back as the skin grew back with no feathers, and a bit scarred. I'm so pleased that he has the brightest of copper feathers now emerging and he is really going to be a perfect chicken. I'm so proud of him
IMG-20201025-WA0008.jpeg
IMG-20201025-WA0010.jpeg
IMG-20201025-WA0012.jpeg

Thanks 😎 I'm pretty sure there is another cockerel, one with a black head.. don't think he made these shots tho. This one standing up was attacked by another mamma hen when he was a few days old. Had a broken leg, broken toe, and no skin on his back. Poor baby. I couldn't cull as he was such a fighter. I made a splint with plastic tubing and strips of rubber from a balloon. He was able to have the contraption removed 4 days later and his recovery has been remarkable. At one point I thought he was going to have a big bare patch on his back as the skin grew back with no feathers, and a bit scarred. I'm so pleased that he has the brightest of copper feathers now emerging and he is really going to be a perfect chicken. I'm so proud of himView attachment 2451441View attachment 2451442View attachment 2451443
Wow!!! He's a feisty little guy! So glad you were able to save him. :)

View attachment 2451431
I was meaning should I say she or they🤔 Was unsure of the right pronouns😅

Back
Top Bottom